recommendations on cinema system/surround sound

8 replies
Found 7th Feb
I would appreciate any help with this matter. I'm looking for a fairly priced surround sound system for my back room but don't want something with too much clutter.

it be awesome if it was wireless aswell. I've looked around an Bose ones look good. also Samsung's wireless curved sound bar(I've a curved tv) with maybe extra speakers??

I just wondered if anyone could help on recommendations or even who I could speak to about it as I've not much idea on the matter.

id just wanna turn my tv or Xbox on and it all work! no hassle! decent sound. I don't want the best sound as I can't afford sonos:(

thanks in advance guys

8 Comments

Bose cinemate all the way

Original Poster

spicerboy

Bose cinemate all the way

​is there a series you would recommend? is any of it wireless at all? thank you

Depends if you want 4k hdr or not. Plenty of low end cinema amps out there. Coupled with a good sub and a 2nd hand set of speakers wood make a good package

Original Poster

I do have a 4k tv so I'd like it to sync well. any suggestions for the 4k hdr.. I just don't know much about it all and when I read it up it just baffles me abit. thank you

Your best best is to source some decent 2nd hand speakers or get an obsolete set from Richer Sounds - they do some good deals. Buy the sealer cable from them top - you don't need expensive cabling but it isn't cheap either - I measured up and needed much more speaker wire than I thought.

You can tack in wires to skirting boards etc.

(Wireless is good - but very expensive to get decent sound).

Then buy a decent cinema amp.

Richer Sounds will offer great advice on this. Tell them what exactly you want.

Once you've found the amp you want double check Internet etc to make sure you can't get it anywhere cheaper.

Decent speakers a must - but get the best amp you can afford.

I'd personally stay away from sound bars.

Good luck

Original Poster

Kenp8257

Your best best is to source some decent 2nd hand speakers or get an … Your best best is to source some decent 2nd hand speakers or get an obsolete set from Richer Sounds - they do some good deals. Buy the sealer cable from them top - you don't need expensive cabling but it isn't cheap either - I measured up and needed much more speaker wire than I thought.You can tack in wires to skirting boards etc.(Wireless is good - but very expensive to get decent sound).Then buy a decent cinema amp.Richer Sounds will offer great advice on this. Tell them what exactly you want.Once you've found the amp you want double check Internet etc to make sure you can't get it anywhere cheaper. Decent speakers a must - but get the best amp you can afford. I'd personally stay away from sound bars.Good luck

​thank you for this! I was thinking of taking a trip to richer sounds. just an hours drive away. yeah we have a Bose sound bar at my mums and they're not a big fan of it!

thank you for the help appreciate it

mashcogs

​thank you for this! I was thinking of taking a trip to richer sounds. j … ​thank you for this! I was thinking of taking a trip to richer sounds. just an hours drive away. yeah we have a Bose sound bar at my mums and they're not a big fan of it! thank you for the help appreciate it

Remember that you can buy cheap budget speaker with a good subwoofer and they will sound as good as a decent higher end speakers. It's the low frequencies that cost on speakers, you can push anything sub 70Hz to the subwoofer and that will do the heavy lifting.

mashcogs

​thank you for this! I was thinking of taking a trip to richer sounds. j … ​thank you for this! I was thinking of taking a trip to richer sounds. just an hours drive away. yeah we have a Bose sound bar at my mums and they're not a big fan of it! thank you for the help appreciate it

Call them up first to make sure someone knowledgeable will be there when you go....

Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions