Recommendations on next holiday destination?

Posted 24th Oct
So I’ve travelled quite well so far but want to see what everyone else has on their next to see/ visit lists to get some inspiration, any suggestions/ ideas welcomed.

Already been As suggested -

Cuba
Dominican Republic
Cancun
New York
Vegas
Cape Verde
Costa Rica
Morocco
Tunisia
Gran Canaria
Tenerife
Fuerteventura
Majorca
Germany
Crete
Marmaris
Bali
Perth, AUS.
Community Updates
Misc
41 Comments
Why not start with where you have already been, save others time.
Turkey / Israel.
fearona24/10/2019 17:25

Why not start with where you have already been, save others time.

Edited
mas12324/10/2019 17:30

Turkey / Israel.

Anywhere specifically in Israel?
LightninJC24/10/2019 17:42

Anywhere specifically in Israel?

Stay in Jerusalem. Plenty to see there. You should visit Palestine too. Haifa is beautiful and the beaches there are great. You must also go to the Dead Sea and rub all that nutrient rich mud all over you!
I went to Chicago for a week in July there. Loved it.
Perth , Scotland
I'm looking Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia for 2020
It depends how long you’re planning to be away for and at what time of year you want to go.

China is incredible (Great Wall, Forbidden Coty, Terracotta Army, Pandas...etc) but you’ll need to take a lot of internal flights. I managed it in 2 weeks but it was exhausting.
nut1424/10/2019 18:17

I'm looking Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia for 2020

See wanted Croatia for my last one last week but it had sold out with all the TC drama , so had to do with Majorca which turned out fab. £518 for 2 , 7nts HB, Adults Only.
Years ago we went to Shrilanka, if it hasn’t been overrun by tourists yet it’s worth a visit. Otherwise India is also worth a visit but you won’t see much in two weeks.
Zion National Park, Utah
Do you have a budget?

French Polynesia
Hamilton Island
Norfolk Broads
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 24th Oct
mas12324/10/2019 17:59

Stay in Jerusalem. Plenty to see there. You should visit Palestine too. …Stay in Jerusalem. Plenty to see there. You should visit Palestine too. Haifa is beautiful and the beaches there are great. You must also go to the Dead Sea and rub all that nutrient rich mud all over you!

Sounds good! Will have to look into! Never would have thought there tbh , thank you
cideristhefuture24/10/2019 20:27

Do you have a budget?French PolynesiaHamilton IslandNorfolf Broads

Oooooo ..... I’d love to go to Tahiti/ Bora Bora
cideristhefuture24/10/2019 20:27

Do you have a budget?French PolynesiaHamilton IslandNorfolf Broads

Where are the other 2?
spsp24/10/2019 18:40

It depends how long you’re planning to be away for and at what time of y …It depends how long you’re planning to be away for and at what time of year you want to go. China is incredible (Great Wall, Forbidden Coty, Terracotta Army, Pandas...etc) but you’ll need to take a lot of internal flights. I managed it in 2 weeks but it was exhausting.

did that in eight days. Fabulous but nearly killed me
jbecker24/10/2019 19:38

Years ago we went to Shrilanka, if it hasn’t been overrun by tourists yet i …Years ago we went to Shrilanka, if it hasn’t been overrun by tourists yet it’s worth a visit. Otherwise India is also worth a visit but you won’t see much in two weeks.

Interesting also as not thought of there either :/
Krakow is great for a city break as is barcelona
LightninJC24/10/2019 20:28

Where are the other 2?

Off the coast of Queensland
Norfolk Broads, fantastic ...
psychobitchfromhell24/10/2019 20:30

Krakow is great for a city break as is barcelona

Literally looked at Krakow earlier for a long weekend Xmas market thing
LightninJC24/10/2019 20:34

Literally looked at Krakow earlier for a long weekend Xmas market thing

it is wonderful. We went in february. Pretty chilly but incredible.
Depending on when if you like winter sun South Africa is very warm, recently there was a deal for cheaper flights to Cape Town & Jo berg not sure if it’s still valid.
Cannot recommend Singapore enough, soo much to see also & very clean !!
Japan.
I've never been but my mum went last year and did the Machu Pichu trail. she's 60+ and went by herself (widow) and thoroughly enjoyed it. So if you're into adventure travelling then I suggest this and if you have the time/money do the amazon trail straight afterwards!
Currently in Croatia lovely Country, Enjoying it.
LightninJC24/10/2019 20:29

Love to do a park in US, always fancied Yellowstone but sure others are …Love to do a park in US, always fancied Yellowstone but sure others are just as good

I've been to Yellowstone twice and wasn't that impressed.
I preferred Grand Teton NP, which is just South.

Utah is the State to visit if you like National and State Parks.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell25/10/2019 10:05

I've been to Yellowstone twice and wasn't that impressed.I preferred Grand …I've been to Yellowstone twice and wasn't that impressed.I preferred Grand Teton NP, which is just South. Utah is the State to visit if you like National and State Parks.

How easy/ accessible are they to get to? Like what kind of accommodation options or is it backpacking sort of?
LightninJC25/10/2019 10:25

How easy/ accessible are they to get to? Like what kind of accommodation …How easy/ accessible are they to get to? Like what kind of accommodation options or is it backpacking sort of?

Do you mean Grand Teton or the parks in Utah?

If Grand Teton. The nearest "big" town is Jackson. You might be best flying to Salt Lake City and driving to it or getting a plane from SLC to Jackson and renting a car.

If Utah. I usually fly to Las Vegas and take in the parks on a big fly/drive tour. You could fly into Salt Lake City too.
For Zion NP, there's a town just outside the park called Springdale. There's loads of hotels, motels and probably backpacking too.
The place has everything from high end to normal rooms.
There's also lots of places to rent hiking equipment i.e. walking up The Narrows (a river).
Other hikes include: The Subway, Angel's Landing.
Bryce Canyon has a few hotels/motels too. Chains like Best Western.
There's also various motels a few miles away from the park, along the road or at road junctions and in satellite towns.

Capital Reef has a town called Torrey to the West of it, with a few hotels/motels in it. Plus there's a few nearer the park too.

Monument Valley, Kayenta (in Arizona) is the biggest town in the area and has lots of accommodation.

Natural Bridges National Monument & Goose Necks State Park, I'd stay in the town of Blanding.

Canyonlands NP and Arches NP, the main place to stay is Moab. It's a big town/city with lots of accommodation.
Plus lots bike/jeep rental and tour places.

All the places above can be visited with a regular saloon car. Some of the off road places like "Yellow Rock", can be visited in a normal car if the road is dry, but can be impassable even with a 4x4.

US89 highway has lots of free scenic attractions to see (between Page, AZ and Kanab, UT).
A few are just of the main road and reachable after a 10 minute walk i.e. "Toadstool Hoodoos".

It's worth checking out Google Maps and Street View to get an idea of what there is in each town.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell25/10/2019 13:01

Do you mean Grand Teton or the parks in Utah?If Grand Teton. The nearest …Do you mean Grand Teton or the parks in Utah?If Grand Teton. The nearest "big" town is Jackson. You might be best flying to Salt Lake City and driving to it or getting a plane from SLC to Jackson and renting a car.If Utah. I usually fly to Las Vegas and take in the parks on a big fly/drive tour. You could fly into Salt Lake City too.For Zion NP, there's a town just outside the park called Springdale. There's loads of hotels, motels and probably backpacking too.The place has everything from high end to normal rooms.There's also lots of places to rent hiking equipment i.e. walking up The Narrows (a river).Other hikes include: The Subway, Angel's Landing.Bryce Canyon has a few hotels/motels too. Chains like Best Western.There's also various motels a few miles away from the park, along the road or at road junctions and in satellite towns. Capital Reef has a town called Torrey to the West of it, with a few hotels/motels in it. Plus there's a few nearer the park too.Monument Valley, Kayenta (in Arizona) is the biggest town in the area and has lots of accommodation.Natural Bridges National Monument & Goose Necks State Park, I'd stay in the town of Blanding.Canyonlands NP and Arches NP, the main place to stay is Moab. It's a big town/city with lots of accommodation.Plus lots bike/jeep rental and tour places.All the places above can be visited with a regular saloon car. Some of the off road places like "Yellow Rock", can be visited in a normal car if the road is dry, but can be impassable even with a 4x4.US89 highway has lots of free scenic attractions to see (between Page, AZ and Kanab, UT).A few are just of the main road and reachable after a 10 minute walk i.e. "Toadstool Hoodoos".It's worth checking out Google Maps and Street View to get an idea of what there is in each town.

That’s amazing info! Thanks! Will definitely be checking out all of that 😁 legend 👌🏼
Bermuda?
LightninJC25/10/2019 13:19

Have u been? What’s to do?

Yup, it’s good there, lots to see, things like the crystal caves, dockyards. Google Horseshoe Bay.....
Galapagos islands, just a,different world

India, just a culture shock but food amazing

France, Dordogne patisserie,shops ....
LightninJC24/10/2019 20:29

Love to do a park in US, always fancied Yellowstone but sure others are …Love to do a park in US, always fancied Yellowstone but sure others are just as good

If you want to do a National Park I'd really recommend Yosemite, it's stunning! You can fly in to San Francisco and it's only a couple of hours drive from there. If you book well in advance there are plenty of accomodation options both in and just outside (eg. Mariposa or Oakhurst) the park, but you'll need to drive. It's definitely worth adding in a few days at Lake Tahoe aswell, it's gorgeous, pretty close by and there's loads to do.
Psychobunni26/10/2019 18:36

If you want to do a National Park I'd really recommend Yosemite, it's …If you want to do a National Park I'd really recommend Yosemite, it's stunning! You can fly in to San Francisco and it's only a couple of hours drive from there. If you book well in advance there are plenty of accomodation options both in and just outside (eg. Mariposa or Oakhurst) the park, but you'll need to drive. It's definitely worth adding in a few days at Lake Tahoe aswell, it's gorgeous, pretty close by and there's loads to do.

Brill thank you
How have you not been to Thailand?
I loved doing the Canada rockies May time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants