Groups

Recommended 2.1 speakers for chromecast audio

Hi, I've bought a Chromecast Audio for a speaker I have, but would like a 2.1 setup as only in a small flat. Are 2.1 PC speakers suitable for this?

If yes, then any recommendations for a sub £50 set?

Thanks.

7 Comments

Subscribed, as i was also looking for a recommendation.

Although was half considering looking for this combined with a TV soundbar type setup, for an all in 1 solution

How about waiting for these Logitechs to come back into stock? They seem powerful enough from the reviews and Logitech always seem to offer good value for money. These look quite good too and you get the subwoofer:

amazon.co.uk/Log…T5Y

Edited by: "Shovon" 29th Nov 2016

If you are slightly teccy you could grab a chip amp off ebay connect it to an old laptop power supply (TPA3116 based) and spend the rest on some proper hifi speakers like the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.0 (£40). Will sound a hell of a lot better than any 2.1 solution for £50.
    Edited by: "madmal" 29th Nov 2016

madmal

If you are slightly teccy you could grab a chip amp off ebay connect it … If you are slightly teccy you could grab a chip amp off ebay connect it to an old laptop power supply (TPA3116 based) and spend the rest on some proper hifi speakers like the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.0 (£40). Will sound a hell of a lot better than any 2.1 solution for £50.

any recommendations / links to amps?

something like this
    amazon.co.uk/ELE…12V

or do you mean a different type

cheers

ebay.co.uk/itm…280?hash=item4d39c661d8:g:EtsAAOSw~bFWHq75

something like that. I bought the board only for a tenner and made my own case as a project.

Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations, I did see the 9.0s in richer sounds, may hang on and see if I can find a suitable amp as not wanting to play with anything, just want to plug and play

The Diamonds are nice little speakers, without too much bass, the people living in the flats above and below will thank you for not getting a sub.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions