Recommended Broadband deals, due to leaving VM and poss joining Sky

Posted 26th Oct
Hi folks,

Looking for recommendations as VM wanted £45 just for BB and phone line.

Just given 30 days notice to Virgin Media as there bills are becoming extremely expensive.
They are not interested in "doing a deal."
Sky have offered (No Broadband) as naff in our area, but Sky Q HD
Movies, boxsets, netflix, entertainment for £35 inc £75 pre paid mastercard.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
I left Virgin 3yrs ago and went to Sky very happy with them go to Smy from topcashback
We are in the process of switching from Plusnet to Vodafone Superfast 2 for £23 a month for fiber and line rental, quido are paying £85 at the minute too which is a nice bonus IF it happens. Plusnet had just notified us of a price increase to £30 a month and when we phoned to give 30 days notice offered us the current package for £20 to beat the Voda deal but their CS has gone downhill in general as we have had issues with connection dropping and them promising call backs and nothing occuring.
Hi,

Usually what virgin media will do is call you back in about two weeks an offer you something better. I am on the M100 & phone for £25. Might be worth signing up again for virgin under another family members name to get the new customer discount.
I'm looking for a friend who's just cancelled Virgin, Now TV has Broadband / Anytime calls / Line rental £18.00. £70 TCB
Edited by: "ellenw" 26th Oct
Voxi unlim data £10/m no contract. But will be too niche for some.
AndyRoyd26/10/2019 16:25

Voxi unlim data £10/m no contract. But will be too niche for some.

In fact: Voxi unlim data + unlim calls to UK ll & mobiles and unlim texts to same total £10/m no contract plus £10 cashback. But still too niche for some.
ellenw26/10/2019 14:25

I'm looking for a friend who's just cancelled Virgin, Now TV has Broadband …I'm looking for a friend who's just cancelled Virgin, Now TV has Broadband / Anytime calls / Line rental £18.00. £70 TCB

Can't really compare VM with Now's £18/m ADSL product. More realistic would be Now's £25/m or £30/m fibre options with £90 cashback.
AndyRoyd26/10/2019 16:35

In fact: Voxi unlim data + unlim calls to UK ll & mobiles and unlim texts …In fact: Voxi unlim data + unlim calls to UK ll & mobiles and unlim texts to same total £10/m no contract plus £10 cashback. But still too niche for some.

Website says that they don’t offer unlimited data? Unless I am missing something?
I'm not surprised your leaving. Seems a bit steep to me. I just renewed with vm for £49 month. 200mb broadband, weekend calls and full house tv
Craig201826/10/2019 17:54

Website says that they don’t offer unlimited data? Unless I am missing s …Website says that they don’t offer unlimited data? Unless I am missing something?

Yes, genuinely missing the current situation where Voxi has unmetered unlimited data on all its plans, inc the £10/m no-contract plan. Mentioned quite a few times on this forum recently but often buried within threads:
hotukdeals.com/com…405
hotukdeals.com/com…369
I’m looking around as well now, VM is becoming bit ridiculous
efc_4ever26/10/2019 18:59

I'm not surprised your leaving. Seems a bit steep to me. I just renewed …I'm not surprised your leaving. Seems a bit steep to me. I just renewed with vm for £49 month. 200mb broadband, weekend calls and full house tv

Did you have to go to the old I’m leaving route?
weeklycoconut26/10/2019 20:26

Did you have to go to the old I’m leaving route?

I did yes. The previous 12 months I paid £34 for the exact same package. Crazy deal I got that one
efc_4ever26/10/2019 21:22

I did yes. The previous 12 months I paid £34 for the exact same package. …I did yes. The previous 12 months I paid £34 for the exact same package. Crazy deal I got that one

Did they call you back from cancellations or just give you a decent deal to stay?
markone26/10/2019 21:24

Did they call you back from cancellations or just give you a decent deal …Did they call you back from cancellations or just give you a decent deal to stay?

At first they offered me a deal and I refused and said no please go ahead and cancel and then a few days later I got a call from whoever the other department is and they brought price down a bit and said I could keep my 200mb broadband. They tried to reduce it to the 100mb you see

I believe the first people you speak to can only offer you certain deal but if you tell them no and say I still want to cancel then they put it through that you want to leave and that then triggers the other call back to you and these guys can offer you better deals
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 26th Oct
efc_4ever26/10/2019 21:26

At first they offered me a deal and I refused and said no please go ahead …At first they offered me a deal and I refused and said no please go ahead and cancel and then a few days later I got a call from whoever the other department is and they brought price down a bit and said I could keep my 200mb broadband. They tried to reduce it to the 100mb you see

Cheers for that ;-)
markone26/10/2019 21:27

Cheers for that ;-)

No probs. Hope you get a decent deal in the end
Whenever you want to negotiate broadband/phone/tv etc it’s worth ringing up, saying you are about to switch and ask for the retention department. Good luck
I tried to negotiate with Plusnet on no less than three occasions before the end of my contract, they couldn't even match the rate given to new customers. Switched to Now broadband on a 12 month contract, same speed but £7.50 less a month and have no complaints. Funny thing is I'd probably go back to Plusnet based on their service reliability but I would go back on new customer incentives. Plusnet really need to up their game when it comes to retaining customers long term.
Just to update, after cancelling my service, within 2 days I had repeated missed calls. These where from the outbound virgin call centre trying to make a deal.
They offered me a decent deal and opted to stay for 12 more months.
With a cooling off period.
Hope this is of use.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants