Recommended fish oil supplement

Found 27th Oct 2017
We are all supposed to eat two portions of oily fish per week. It's meant to be good for the brain or something. But I'm never going to do that so I need your advice on the best fish oil capsules please.

I know there is an overpriced brand leader but I don't know if it's the best for omega 3.

Apparently the brain is made from lots of omega 3 and a lack of it causes the brain to shrink. Who knew? Well I didn't. Probably because I don't eat enough fish.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
What you need to look at is the amount of EPA and DHA, that's where most of the benefits come from, especially when referring to the brain. Buy cheap and those two will be in very low amounts or poor quality.

I use MorEPA as they have the highest levels of EPA and DHA. Your probably consider them expensive, although its 2 months worth in a bottle.

minami-nutrition.co.uk/web…php
Edited by: "4Real2016" 27th Oct 2017
my mum had taken fish oil so i thought i would give it a go but it stank, even in tablet form and so after a while i just had to give up. i doubt they do anything and you are better off just eating fish.

they are supposed to improve eyesight but i can't remember much else.

i doubt the brain shrinks without fish oil. i don't eat fish or take fish oil and my brain has not shrunk. it is actually getting bigger as i could swear my head is getting bigger as i age
mutley122 m ago

my mum had taken fish oil so i thought i would give it a go but it stank, …my mum had taken fish oil so i thought i would give it a go but it stank, even in tablet form and so after a while i just had to give up. i doubt they do anything and you are better off just eating fish.they are supposed to improve eyesight but i can't remember much else.i doubt the brain shrinks without fish oil. i don't eat fish or take fish oil and my brain has not shrunk. it is actually getting bigger as i could swear my head is getting bigger as i age

Actually B vitamins with Omega-3 have been proven to slow brain atrophy by 70 percent.

express.co.uk/lif…ent
buy it from ASDA
I've been using these for some time:

naturesbest.co.uk/fis…16/

Sometimes I get sent £3 off vouchers which helps reduce the price too.

Link below to EU Register for Nutrition & Health claims where you can see what claims are authorised and if so how much you need to take. Do a search on Omega 3.

ec.europa.eu/foo…rch
Edited by: "pathofpeng" 28th Oct 2017
4Real201614 h, 43 m ago

Actually B vitamins with Omega-3 have been proven to slow brain atrophy by …Actually B vitamins with Omega-3 have been proven to slow brain atrophy by 70 percent.http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/385884/Supplements-halt-Alzheimer-s-groundbreaking-dementia-prevention-treatment

Actually, that's BS. No vitamin of any sort (including fish oils) have ever been proven to work as described under peer reviewed research. So back up your claim if you're going to talk BS.
Okay chaps, perhaps fish oil supplements are not as effective as eating fresh fish. I'll take that on board. But I can't find anything to suggest that they are harmful either.

health.harvard.edu/sta…lls
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants