Recommended me a TV to use as a PC monitor

Posted 8th Apr
Hey there,

With all this virus and stuff going on, I think I will be working from home more often even once its all over.

I currently plug my work laptop into my Samsung 6400 40in TV without any issues.

However now looking to try and move into the spare room for the office so need a new TV to use.

I don't really have a budget in mind but is really just going to be used as a PC and laptop monitor, so the cheaper the better (but I don't want an awful one either) - not worried about brand either as long as its good.

Although I don't really game, I do have a high performance PC and laptop both with dedicated graphic cards. PC will be used mainly for 4k video editing and normal stuff, whereas the laptop is quite a bit of very large excel files (A couple of million rows), most other apps are remotely via Citrix.

Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Just to add, its need to be 4k and at least 40inch, 55in is the very max but ideally don't want it that large
Hisense are value for money and picture not to bad, obviously the LG oled is one of the best but you pay for it, have a look at the Samsung 8000 series it’s in the middle, or a monitor.
Yeah was looking at Hisense, but been told I need Chroma 444, unsure if they have it or not.

I don't think I want OLED do I, as don't they have burn in? Or are they OK these days.

I will have a look at the Samsung range and see again if they have this chroma
Bob2460109/04/2020 06:29

Yeah was looking at Hisense, but been told I need Chroma 444, unsure if …Yeah was looking at Hisense, but been told I need Chroma 444, unsure if they have it or not.I don't think I want OLED do I, as don't they have burn in? Or are they OK these days.I will have a look at the Samsung range and see again if they have this chroma

rtings.com/tv/…tor

these have chroma 444...
Bargainhead09/04/2020 09:39

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitorthese have …https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitorthese have chroma 444...

Thank you, I will have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions