Recommended multi vitamins?

Posted 18th Aug 2020
Been meaning to buy multi vitamins for a while to supplement my.. lacking diet.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Not really wanting to go and scour every ingredient but I just want a well rounded multi vitamin that doesn't cost an arm and a leg so eBay/Amazon is fine (Holland & Barretts is usually super expensive!).
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
I could not recommend any vitamin supplements at all, as there is still no "Clinically Scientific" evidence whatsoever to determine they have ANY impact to help the human immune system.
Unless you just want expensive weewee. I suggest you try and attain your nutrients through a well balanced dietary plan.
BlitRider18/08/2020 17:18

I could not recommend any vitamin supplements at all, as there is still no …I could not recommend any vitamin supplements at all, as there is still no "Clinically Scientific" evidence whatsoever to determine they have ANY impact to help the human immune system.Unless you just want expensive weewee. I suggest you try and attain your nutrients through a well balanced dietary plan.

Ugh that’s not exactly true

bornfitness.com/mul…ns/ (psst they are scientists)
BlitRider18/08/2020 17:18

I could not recommend any vitamin supplements at all, as there is still no …I could not recommend any vitamin supplements at all, as there is still no "Clinically Scientific" evidence whatsoever to determine they have ANY impact to help the human immune system.Unless you just want expensive weewee. I suggest you try and attain your nutrients through a well balanced dietary plan.

Well, a well rounded diet would be good enough for most people however most people do not have a well rounded diet, myself included.

Vitamin D is recommended to almost everyone, especially if you live in the UK or similar due to lack of proper sun throughout the year.

And then we come to stuff like Omega-3, great for joints and what not however I hate the taste of any kind of seafood which so happens to be the biggest sources of Omega-3, and i'm not gonna regularly eat walnuts due to how expensive that would become! So that's where a multi-vitamin can come into play. (actually walnuts are cheap for how few you'd need to hit the daily goal).

Then it's a case of, it's a lot easier to pay for 1 or 2 pills per day as a safety net than to try and get a perfect diet each and every day.
Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 18th Aug
BigWil.E18/08/2020 17:19

Ugh that’s not exactly truehttps://www.bornfitness.com/multivitamins/ ( …Ugh that’s not exactly truehttps://www.bornfitness.com/multivitamins/ (psst they are scientists)

Unfortunately, it is true.
Do you think because they are Doctors that they are beyond being paid to endorse products based on honesty?
Wow!
You are in or a tough life.
PenguinsForAll18/08/2020 17:28

Well, a well rounded diet would be good enough for most people however …Well, a well rounded diet would be good enough for most people however most people do not have a well rounded diet, myself included.Vitamin D is recommended to almost everyone, especially if you live in the UK or similar due to lack of proper sun throughout the year.And then we come to stuff like Omega-3, great for joints and what not however I hate the taste of any kind of seafood which so happens to be the biggest sources of Omega-3, and i'm not gonna regularly eat walnuts due to how expensive that would become! So that's where a multi-vitamin can come into play. (actually walnuts are cheap for how few you'd need to hit the daily goal).Then it's a case of, it's a lot easier to pay for 1 or 2 pills per day as a safety net than to try and get a perfect diet each and every day.

Just to clarify Omega 3 is not a vitamin, but it does have tangible benefits when used properly for some people.

Better to try and attain a better rounded diet, than stuff expensive placebo pills into your body is my point. Sorry.
BigWil.E18/08/2020 17:19

Ugh that’s not exactly truehttps://www.bornfitness.com/multivitamins/ ( …Ugh that’s not exactly truehttps://www.bornfitness.com/multivitamins/ (psst they are scientists)

Psst! Not so much a Scientist, more a Nutritional coach.
Edited by: "BlitRider" 18th Aug
Just buy a supermarket's own brand of vitamins plus minerals, normally under £2.
Any supermarket's own brand A to Z. Tesco always have 3 for the price of 2 on vitamins.
Unless you’re deficient there really is no need.
ASDA chewable multivitamins (orange flavour) pack of 90 (1 a day) for £2, and they're not the kids one. A tasty treat and you get the vitamins, so win-win.
I tried the vitamin C effervescent tablets for a while and I swear my pee could have lit up the night sky.
There’s arguments both ways some people argue they do nothing where as some say they are needed. I go gym regularly and I’m a kick-boxer so I just buy multi vitamins from myvitamins with a discount code. For the price whether or not they work doesn’t matter but if there’s a chance they work I’d rather just have them especially when some vitamins like vitamin D are hard to get through sun in some countries!
dufflecoat_moon_turkey18/08/2020 18:23

I tried the vitamin C effervescent tablets for a while and I swear my pee …I tried the vitamin C effervescent tablets for a while and I swear my pee could have lit up the night sky.

Like Del boys spring water?
Manny5018/08/2020 18:41

There’s arguments both ways some people argue they do nothing where as s …There’s arguments both ways some people argue they do nothing where as some say they are needed. I go gym regularly and I’m a kick-boxer so I just buy multi vitamins from myvitamins with a discount code. For the price whether or not they work doesn’t matter but if there’s a chance they work I’d rather just have them especially when some vitamins like vitamin D are hard to get through sun in some countries!

It's not some people though is it, its analytic scientific fact versus unsupported casual chitchat.

The industry is bleeding billions out of gullible people who often cannot even afford the better wholesome food they require and turn to snake oil salesmen with flashy million pound advertising campaigns.
The vitamin con is bad enough, and the protein bars, protein drinks, protein pills, protein shampoo, protein weetabix, protein leg wax etc is just the same.
Fake news extends to medical experts as well as tv ads.
Ask yourself this; if you are hungry & you eat junk food how do you feel vs eating a healthy meal? Assuming you agree to feeling better after a healthy meal then ask yourself why. And now after taking your multivitamin even after a few weeks, how do you feel? Has there been any improvement in how you feel? The answer from me was no so I stopped spending money on them
BlitRider18/08/2020 17:38

Just to clarify Omega 3 is not a vitamin, but it does have tangible …Just to clarify Omega 3 is not a vitamin, but it does have tangible benefits when used properly for some people.Better to try and attain a better rounded diet, than stuff expensive placebo pills into your body is my point. Sorry.

Doctors do prescribe vitamins thou????
ndyanem18/08/2020 19:55

They also, occasionally push pharma for Golf days out?
Go figure.
BlitRider18/08/2020 20:23

They also, occasionally push pharma for Golf days out?Go figure.

Not in my place
I buy them from Lidl -the fizzy ones.

It's interesting that if you have a blood test and they tell you your vitamin D is low, the doctor will prescribe vitamin D3. At the next blood test the vitamin D levels will be higher. This is obviously just a coincidence because we all know that supplements do nothing.
radium18/08/2020 20:26

I buy them from Lidl -the fizzy ones. It's interesting that if you have a …I buy them from Lidl -the fizzy ones. It's interesting that if you have a blood test and they tell you your vitamin D is low, the doctor will prescribe vitamin D3. At the next blood test the vitamin D levels will be higher. This is obviously just a coincidence because we all know that supplements do nothing.

Yes same for iron tablets to .........
gsdstore.com/sol…BwE

6 months worth for £37.......£15 cheaper than Holland & Barrett.

It has pretty much every vitamin. Check with your local pharmacist before taking advise from strangers on the internet.
ndyanem18/08/2020 19:55

Last vitamin recommended to me by a Doctor was Vitamin D. Sunlight
ndyanem18/08/2020 20:24

Not in my place

Great news.
I am assuming you are medical profession. yes?
BlitRider18/08/2020 20:59

Great news.I am assuming you are medical profession. yes?

Work in the field
Beer contains significant amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and is chock full of B vitamins
You said: You work in the field.
joyf453618/08/2020 21:12

Beer contains significant amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, …Beer contains significant amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and is chock full of B vitamins

Knew I was right all along.
I use lindens company for vitamins and with great results by my blood tests. I don’t use a multi vitamin personally but buy them separately to which suits me and my needs
*Face palm*
Post a comment
@
    Text