Recommended non-Gaming laptops?

Found 7th Aug
I'm looking to update my laptop and wonder if the community has recommendations for non-gaming ones (so many deal posts are 'gaming' machines.)

I'm am guessing a gaming machine is a waste for me if I don't game.

I primarily use it for MS Office and organising photos, occasional videos and DVD watching for the kids.

Id want a 15.6" screen as thats what I've got at the moment. And something that hopefully will last many years without needing replacement. A 1TB HDD or bigger, as my current is nearly full at 500GB (mostly family photos).

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Quick search in the search box above shows TONS of threads like this (both for gaming and non-gaming laptops)

hotukdeals.com/sea…ops

Have a look...
I would look for something with a relatively new i3 or i5, 8GB ram, and SSD of 128GB or bigger with a 1TB standard drive (it would take about 100,000 pictures to fill a 500GB drive so you must have one hell of a family album there), I would look for a full HD screen also.
I know a few people that have got £1K plus gaming laptops and all they do is watch YouTube!
MIDURIX5 h, 41 m ago

I would look for something with a relatively new i3 or i5, 8GB ram, and …I would look for something with a relatively new i3 or i5, 8GB ram, and SSD of 128GB or bigger with a 1TB standard drive (it would take about 100,000 pictures to fill a 500GB drive so you must have one hell of a family album there), I would look for a full HD screen also.

Thanks. I put those specs into one laptop website and it comes up with only 'gaming' laptops so I wonder if that matters, or, again, if its not what I need

(yes I get it that plenty of people watch youtube on a £1000 gaming laptop, but I'm prefer to avoid buying excess spec I don't need of course.)

Maybe once you get into that range of HD and SSD and ram, though, its all classified as 'gaming'?
JLon7 h, 21 m ago

Thanks. I put those specs into one laptop website and it comes up with …Thanks. I put those specs into one laptop website and it comes up with only 'gaming' laptops so I wonder if that matters, or, again, if its not what I need(yes I get it that plenty of people watch youtube on a £1000 gaming laptop, but I'm prefer to avoid buying excess spec I don't need of course.) Maybe once you get into that range of HD and SSD and ram, though, its all classified as 'gaming'?

All laptops have ram. Why don't you just search for a laptop within your budget? I've seen many laptops around £400-500 with an SSD, full HD screen and at least 8GB of ram and who cares if they are referred to as gaming or not.
saveonlaptops.co.uk/A55…tml

Most of the modern laptop don't have DVD drive...
Would you consider leave that out and get a external DVD drive for £15?

By the way, if you want something to last long, I would suggest go back to desktop PC.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants