Expired

Recommended router..

Found 4th Oct 2017
Currently have the asus rt-ac87u but the 5ghz is becoming flaky with drop outs and slow, 2.4ghz is fine. Have been running merlin firmware still no changes in latest update. Just wondering if anyone could recommend another router which would be an upgrade from this one? I use openvpn client so needs to have that.

Thanks for any advice.
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
I would switch to a PC base router and just connect the rest through a switch as access points. Will make life a lot easier for you in the end rather than having an all in one .
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, I don't have a PC in the house, have looked at using a raspberry-pi but haven't got the time to really dabble into it.
stoneblade38 m ago

Thanks for the reply, I don't have a PC in the house, have looked at using …Thanks for the reply, I don't have a PC in the house, have looked at using a raspberry-pi but haven't got the time to really dabble into it.

cheapest option is to disable 5Ghz on your current router and piggy back a cheap wifi router that does 5GHz. Surprised you bought this router as most mobile devices don't support more than two aerials except for laptops.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants