Recommended total meal replacement shakes?

Found 1st Jun
Having been inspired by the "Big Crash Diet Experiment" on BBC last Wednesday, bbc.co.uk/ipl…ent I've decided to give it a go - but I seem stuck in a bit of a minefield in trying to identify what meal replacement shakes to purchase for total meal replacement - any suggestions/recommendations for what is 1) Good value and 2) Good nutritional profile?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
much easier way to shift any excess blubber.

Take 1 chicken breast out of the fridge and place it carefully on the worktop.

24-36 hrs later, cook the chicken for about 2 mins each side, add whatever veggies or carbs and sauce you like.

Within an hour/90 mins the weight should start falling off you.

But grim, no doubt not good for your health and potentially fatal, but it does shift the pounds.
Ive never tried them but I did a bit of research into this stuff before and Huel seemed good.
All the fat people in my work are on them, they all start to balloon back up as soon as they stop them.

Better off just learning to eat correctly in the first place and not risk giving yourself health problems for a temporary fix.
Thanks - I understand the risks/dangers, however want to give it a try anyway!
I dont know if you saw the BBC program, but it strongly suggested that this does have its place.
Mumushka7 m ago

Thanks - I understand the risks/dangers, however want to give it a try …Thanks - I understand the risks/dangers, however want to give it a try anyway!I dont know if you saw the BBC program, but it strongly suggested that this does have its place.

i saw the programme. I think the best advice is to see your doctor first to discuss it. You need to make sure it is nutritionally balanced. I don't think they mentioned which programme they were using.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 1st Jun
How much exercise do you get in a week.
DKLS2 h, 16 m ago

much easier way to shift any excess blubber.Take 1 chicken breast out of …much easier way to shift any excess blubber.Take 1 chicken breast out of the fridge and place it carefully on the worktop.24-36 hrs later, cook the chicken for about 2 mins each side, add whatever veggies or carbs and sauce you like. Within an hour/90 mins the weight should start falling off you. But grim, no doubt not good for your health and potentially fatal, but it does shift the pounds.

Trying this tonight, thanks for the recommendation! What spices go well with salmonella?

OP I've heard that huel is quite good, contains all the nutrients you need for the day I believe
kelly19874 h, 53 m ago

Trying this tonight, thanks for the recommendation! What spices go well …Trying this tonight, thanks for the recommendation! What spices go well with salmonella?OP I've heard that huel is quite good, contains all the nutrients you need for the day I believe

Won't work u need wait for a minimum 72 hours so u can't do it tonight
Too many unfunny and unnecessary comments on this thread. Honestly don't bother if you're not helping the OP out.

Realistically you need to work out what you can afford to eat per day before buying any of them. Despite them saying they were all on 800 calories a day, one lady was in fact taking on 600 calories per day.

After you sort that, you could look at brands like Exante and Lighter Life.

If you do start these make sure you have a clear 8 weeks ahead of you. Any holidays or big events that will include alcohol/meal? Don't even bother.

Give the 8 weeks a go, expect to lose (presumptuous) 2/3 stone, expect to put 7-10lbs back on but use the initial weight loss as your first step to keeping the weight off.

Sometimes 20lbs off the scale by any means necessary is the incentive to stick with the journey.

Obviously a healthy lifestyle combined with exercise is the way to go but a simple diet like this can be the catalyst to changing your life. Just don't deprive yourself for 8 weeks only to put it all back on.
Mumushka17 h, 53 m ago

Thanks - I understand the risks/dangers, however want to give it a try …Thanks - I understand the risks/dangers, however want to give it a try anyway!I dont know if you saw the BBC program, but it strongly suggested that this does have its place.

Yes. In the scams and suckers ads. Quite a surprise to see the BBC advertising it. Wonder who gets what kick back for it

Sorry mate. BTDT. 'Food in' is directly proportional to waist size. Exercise helps. You end up even bigger and far more depressed
Edited by: "ccnp" 2nd Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants