Groups

reconditioned engine

just had mot done on car.
    Not good needs another engine due to blue emissions or somat.
    i dont know about these things i just sit in the passenger seat.
    Where is place to get a reconditioned engine done. Somewhere we can trust.

18 Comments

Probably be cheaper to buy another Mondeo, rather than pay somebody to fit a recon engine.

How old is the car?

Location and engine type might be useful.

Original Poster

location is under the bonnet lol.

Leicester erm ill find out type

Its a 97 so it would be cheaper i suppose.

I just paid £450 to get mine pass its MOT and its in top condition.... think i've been fleeced lol

Banned

cherishu2;6974064

location is under the bonnet lol. Leicester erm ill find out typeIts a 97 … location is under the bonnet lol. Leicester erm ill find out typeIts a 97 so it would be cheaper i suppose.

I would check what your emissions figure was against the mot limit as it may just need a bit of servicing.
    Smaybelline;6974097

I just paid £450 to get mine pass its MOT and its in top condition.... … I just paid £450 to get mine pass its MOT and its in top condition.... think i've been fleeced lol

sounds like it! :w00t:

New Brake Disc x 2
    New Brake Pad x 2
    New Bush Rollers x 2 (:? Whatever they are)
    New centre exhaust box
    New back exhaust box
    New Lambda Sensor (Again.. whatever this is :?)
    MOT Test
    Labour

All = £450 :cry:

For my pretty little Puma - Which i only got in August *Sob*

Banned

Smaybelline;6974317

New Brake Disc x 2New Brake Pad x 2New sounds a liollers x 2 (:? Whatever … New Brake Disc x 2New Brake Pad x 2New sounds a liollers x 2 (:? Whatever they are)New centre exhaust boxNew back exhaust boxNew Lambda Sensor (Again.. whatever this is :?)MOT TestLabour All = £450 :cry:For my pretty little Puma - Which i only got in August *Sob*

sounds a little pricey but not overly bad.

csiman;6974355

sounds a little pricey but not overly bad.

Good good.... he did it all very quickly and seemed genuine.., but at that price youve got to shed a tear or two :?

Smaybelline;6974317

New Brake Disc x 2New Brake Pad x 2New Bush Rollers x 2 (:? Whatever they … New Brake Disc x 2New Brake Pad x 2New Bush Rollers x 2 (:? Whatever they are)New centre exhaust boxNew back exhaust boxNew Lambda Sensor (Again.. whatever this is :?)MOT TestLabour DID HE FILL YOUR HEADLIGHTS UP:?All = £450 :cry:For my pretty little Puma - Which i only got in August *Sob*

Original Poster

csiman;6974216

I would check what your emissions figure was against the mot limit as it … I would check what your emissions figure was against the mot limit as it may just need a bit of servicing.sounds like it! :w00t:

apparently the emmission could not be measured as they went off the scale lol. :oops:

I have to say a recon for emissions does seem a bit excessive. Did the MOT advise on a recon engine, I would have thought there were alternative avenues to go down before such a big step.

Its not as simple as just dropping in another engine , its gonna need retuning etc =£££££££

probably best to just buy another car :thumbsup:

I'd be going to another garage for a second opinion. A new engine because it failed the emissions can't be right at all.

He might mean (by blue emissions) that it is burning oil, several possible causes, most serious.

Never heard of that one before. A new engine because it failed on emissions for MOT?

If you do need a new engine dont bother with a re-conditioned one, just look on ebay or get one from a scrappy (say cars been rear ended)

Well I would as people say get a second opinion. If it does indeed need a new engine then I scrap it and buy a new one.

As for people saying a new engine for an emissions failure, well as the op said it failed by miles. If the cylinders are badly scored then it will fail and will have probably damaged the catalytic converter too which will probably set you back a fair bit. It's just not going to be worth it you may as well get rid and buy a new car.

Original Poster

well we did have some major like horse hair come out of the exhaust not long ago, son said that was the cat.
    He is going to collect a new car tomorrowand out the other in auto trade for spares. Thank you all for your help

cherishu2;7004027

well we did have some major like horse hair come out of the exhaust not … well we did have some major like horse hair come out of the exhaust not long ago, son said that was the cat.He is going to collect a new car tomorrowand out the other in auto trade for spares. Thank you all for your help

Not the catalytic converter but packing from the backbox.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352

See more discussions