Groups

Record Sky Freesat?

Hi all,

I have sky freesat and I was wondering whats the best way to record certain shows. I've heard you can pay sky £10 a month to active the record function on a sky + box but I was wondering If I could record to a dvd players hard drive?

Does anyone know if this will work and is it as easy as it seems?

Also any dvd players people can recommend me for recording sky freesat?

Thank you

8 Comments

FYI The £10 Sky charge is waived for subscribers, you just need to call them to set it up.

MoneySavingG;7704366

FYI The £10 Sky charge is waived for subscribers, you just need to call … FYI The £10 Sky charge is waived for subscribers, you just need to call them to set it up.

Only if he buy a Sky package from about £17 a month.:whistling:

Broxy;7704399

Yes, which is why I have a half crippled box sadly sobbing to itself :thumbsup:

I was in the same sort of problem. I have Sky HD in one room and a multiroom subscription in another. When I wired up another Sky + box in my daughters bedroom just for Freeview channels, Sky said I couldn't have the record function unless I paid for another subscription ie. another multiroom

Buy a ( non-Sky ) Freesat PVR.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;7704366

FYI The £10 Sky charge is waived for subscribers, you just need to call … FYI The £10 Sky charge is waived for subscribers, you just need to call them to set it up.

Yeah I'm not a subscriber as just have a box and a white viewing card

Broxy;7704399

yeah abit 2 pricey as I like freesat due to the price

Original Poster

Shakey Mic;7704437

I was in the same sort of problem. I have Sky HD in one room and a … I was in the same sort of problem. I have Sky HD in one room and a multiroom subscription in another. When I wired up another Sky + box in my daughters bedroom just for Freeview channels, Sky said I couldn't have the record function unless I paid for another subscription ie. another multiroom

Yes unfortuantely its all about the money for sky

Inactive;7706070

Buy a ( non-Sky ) Freesat PVR.:thumbsup:

I looked into freesat from bbc and itv but sky has so many more channels

dcx_badass;7706087

Yup as above, get a Freesat PVR. YOu have Freesat from Sky which you get … Yup as above, get a Freesat PVR. YOu have Freesat from Sky which you get more channels, but it is mouch more locked down.

Yeah its not the end of the world if I cant record as im happy with sky freesat it would just be handy if I could record while out

pingusbrother;7708281

I looked into freesat from bbc and itv but sky has so many more channels

True, but the majority of them are utter carp.

Can you get Freeview, via a TV Aerial, the Freeview PVR's are much cheaper, and far better free channels available.IMO.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions