Groups
    EXPIRED

Recordable DVD or Recordable Freeview

Been Reading the TV guide for xmas and there is a fair amount of stufff to watch. The joys of xmas is drinking/partying/watching TV amongst other things, not at the same time in most cases.

I have a Freeview box at the moment but im looking to buy something that i can use to record programmes whilst im out.

Recordable DVD player or freeview Recorder would be the obvious choices but not too sure which would be best.

Any ideas/deals/prices??

Thanks

3 Comments

Banned

Out of the 2, go for recordable freeview...otherwise you will continually be burning disks!

If you can get one that has a PC attachment so you can always burn them to disk if you wanted to through your PC...V2Drinkers one is the best bet though

These are both different items in a way. The benefit of many (but not all) recordable freeview boxes is that it they have 2 digital tuners and can play back whilst recording. Most if not all DVD recorders only have 1 digital tuner (some also an analogue tuner) and hence can only record one thing at a time. I have both. I'm not a great tv watcher but I still find myself with 2 things to record at the same time. Most stuff is watch it and discard. The DVD recorder is handy to backup some stuff and mine also has HDD. Not really a straight answer, depends on what you think is most important. For less than £150-£200 you could probably have both.

Banned

BlackCloud;3695984

These are both different items in a way. The benefit of many (but not … These are both different items in a way. The benefit of many (but not all) recordable freeview boxes is that it they have 2 digital tuners and can play back whilst recording. Most if not all DVD recorders only have 1 digital tuner (some also an analogue tuner) and hence can only record one thing at a time. I have both. I'm not a great tv watcher but I still find myself with 2 things to record at the same time. Most stuff is watch it and discard. The DVD recorder is handy to backup some stuff and mine also has HDD. Not really a straight answer, depends on what you think is most important. For less than £150-£200 you could probably have both.

Good point...I would 100% say get a twin tuner OP...its really good..I have that, so I can choose to record one channel and watch another or say I was out anyway..I can record 2 channels at the exact same time...defo been good to have and have done that a few times....also if your current TV had freeview built in then wire it differently to the manual...that way you can record 2 channels and watch freeview through your normal TV freeview too...thats what I do, so i can watch 1 channel and record 2 seperates at same time...you'd be surprised how many people dont realise you can do this :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710951
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17836371
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767260
      4. Virgin Media Broadband Retention Deals47

See more discussions