Groups

Recorded Deliveries Just Getting Shoved Through The Door ?

Anyone had this recently? had four or five recorded deliveries just pshed through without a signature, good job I'm honest because Id like to see them explain it their boss if I claimed theyd gone missing.

36 Comments

I'd claim they'd gone missing - after a verbal warning the postie would then do his/her job correctly.

Banned

mbgringo;5073715

I'd claim they'd gone missing - after a verbal warning the postie would … I'd claim they'd gone missing - after a verbal warning the postie would then do his/her job correctly.

one of my friends used to do this... but the postie kept on delivering them without a signature

So what would you prefer, your postman delivering the items or him leaving a card and you having to collect it from the sorting office?

Original Poster

Thing is, its more convenient for me if he just sticks them through so I wont be complaining, until a delivery I send out goes missing that is .....

Original Poster

pugw$sh;5073740

So what would you prefer, your postman delivering the items or him … So what would you prefer, your postman delivering the items or him leaving a card and you having to collect it from the sorting office?

Well I work from home so I know for a fact he doesnt even knock on the door and attempt to get a signature

iNSOMANiAC;5073746

Thing is, its more convenient for me if he just sticks them through so I … Thing is, its more convenient for me if he just sticks them through so I wont be complaining, until a delivery I send out goes missing that is .....

Well, you personally are in a no lose - just a matter of time before it bites them on the bum

yr lucky they get through the door
    my last lot at xmas
    http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/michelleleemoo/NewImage.jpg[/IMG]

they dont bring them out at all now, just get the card to collect

oh and hi gringo, bye gringo (off now til later)

They're boss won't be that bothered.

Is their a reason why you don't simply ask your postman?

asos just left a package of mine behind the bin!

I personally wouldn't mind if they post it through or not, but problems would arise is the item/s went missing and there is no signature to be found.

If there is a signature, then somebody would be in a lot of trouble as it would obviously be fake...

Original Poster

My postman once left guitar hero on the doorstep, basically a large parcel just sat there all day.

Wish they'd put mine through the door so i dont have to go into town while im not in so i have to get them. I already asked the postie and he said no!

xSpoiltPrincessx;5073969

asos just left a package of mine behind the bin!

The woman who delivers our Debenhams stuff threw 6 crystal champagne flutes into the garden once . . . . . what a star

You can track your Recorded Delivery ]HERE

May be worth seeing if your postie is signing for you before pushing them through your door!

Original Poster

incidently what time doess your post get delivered, my postman strolls up around the 2 o clock mark these days, its a hard life !

We've had stuff missing over the last few months with parcels being left on the front step of a busy road !!

We had something redelivered (which went missing under std 1st class) as recorded and he had the nerve to peel off the recorded label and leave it once again on the main step.

To answer anothers question about what I'd prefer - I'll choose option 3: I'd prefer it if those hired to do a job actually did it. There are plenty of people out of work who would jump at the chance of a postie's cushy job.

If you get stuff sent through recorded delivery and it's just being pushed through the letterbox, just claim it as undelivered!

iNSOMANiAC;5074108

incidently what time doess your post get delivered, my postman strolls up … incidently what time doess your post get delivered, my postman strolls up around the 2 o clock mark these days, its a hard life !

When I was a postie I used to start at 5.50 am and finished at 2pm, it's a long hard day.

you wanna try being a postie and then tell me they got a cushy job.. Most posties don't get out of the office till 10am and they got to deliver up to 800 address's.. Carrying 16kg bags, some times up to 8 off them..

Original Poster

ukmonkey;5074559

you wanna try being a postie and then tell me they got a cushy job.. Most … you wanna try being a postie and then tell me they got a cushy job.. Most posties don't get out of the office till 10am and they got to deliver up to 800 address's.. Carrying 16kg bags, some times up to 8 off them..

They push them around in those little silly carts these days !

iNSOMANiAC;5074108

incidently what time doess your post get delivered, my postman strolls up … incidently what time doess your post get delivered, my postman strolls up around the 2 o clock mark these days, its a hard life !

Being a postie is a hard life,thanks for pointing that out

Original Poster

I know it is, I watched that undercover documentary where they wanted a full weeks wage for half a weeks work and when they dont get it they go on strike. Some of you hard done by postmen should try getting on the end of a shovel for 9 hours a day or even a bit of hod carrying for minimum wage before you start the 'woe is me' bit.

have you ever tried claiming for a lost recorded delivery,its a mission in its self, not worth the bother personally unless the item really has been lost.

Our post get delivered about 1ish and Yes we often have signed for posted through door or left on doorstep...Wouldnt mind but i'm usually in...Now thats just LAZY not knocking on door! I left a note on the door and said Please try doorbell arrow pointing to it as parcels have gone missing and im usually in Thanks!
    Try this approach!

Ive never had this happen but a couple of wks back I was out and the postie left a parcel with about £60 of makeup in it just on my doorstep!!

when my iPod touch was "delivered", my mum said they just left it on our front step.

my postie if im no in and fits in the letterbox signs it for me and drops it through...but we know each other, and onyl does it for people he knows and trusts!

ukmonkey;5074559

you wanna try being a postie and then tell me they got a cushy job.. Most … you wanna try being a postie and then tell me they got a cushy job.. Most posties don't get out of the office till 10am and they got to deliver up to 800 address's.. Carrying 16kg bags, some times up to 8 off them..

Compared to some of the jobs out there where people start at stupid o'clock and don't get home until the latter hours of the evening completely stressed, it's cushy. Sure, it's more than likely a long day - but let's be honest, you're just delivering mail (well, *some* of them do !).

8 bags weighing 16kg each = 128kg. There's no way anyone would be expected to LIFT that amount , let alone carry it. It breaks a shedload of heath and safety regulations for starters.

Here's the bottom line - if you're a postie and you don't want to do your job properly - quit. Do something else where your inability to perform at the level required isn't going to directly affect a member of the public.

tessb;5074556

When I was a postie I used to start at 5.50 am and finished at 2pm, it's … When I was a postie I used to start at 5.50 am and finished at 2pm, it's a long hard day.

er...it's a normal amount of hours.

Banned

postman have trollies around here....handful of letters at a time

theres a postie who comes on here sometimes, dragging up threads ffrom years ago.......might have him do the same soon......he mentioned that they no longer start early

pugw$sh;5073740

So what would you prefer, your postman delivering the items or him … So what would you prefer, your postman delivering the items or him leaving a card and you having to collect it from the sorting office?

I'd prefer my postman to leave me a card and for me to collect it from the posting office - there's not much point in the delivery being recorded if it's going to just be dumped through a letterbox (which may not be the correct one)

I can't say I envy a postie's job especially given the weather up here which is often miserable but despite that our postie is always pleasant and friendly even to the dog who starts off barking but will take a pat on the head.

John

Well here's my little story:
    Ordered a fancy scart lead off Amazon marketplace, was despatched immediately - first class, so knew it should be arriving pretty quickly. Was out in the back garden, painting the fence in the morning, but went inside at 12.30 exactly only to find a red card - sorry missed you etc, with the time written on it - 12.30. Rushed out front looked up and down street - no sign of postie whatsoever. Said a few choice words to myself at having to trek to the sorting office the next day and went back to painting the fence.
    Finished at 3ish, and went to leave the house to go to the shops, opened the front door and sat on the step was the contents of my delivery - scart lead sat on top of my invoice - no envelope or jiffy bag! Contacted sender, confirmed it was sent in a white jiffy bag.
    Went to sorting office to pick up my 'carded item' - obviously they couldn't find it! Had to register the incident with their customer services department (waste of time) waited for a callback from the Sorting office manager which didn't happen. Nipped back in a week or so later, spoke to the manger who couldn't do anything - he said he'd spoken to the postie (btw - not my normal postie) who said he remembers seeing the scart lead on the step when he carded me and the item he'd carded me for something different and it was really small. Weird I didn't see the scart lead when I looked up and down the street for him seconds after he carded me, and if my item was really small - why didn't he just post it through the letter box?

I'm not saying that the relief postie is a thieving ****, but he's certainly a lying ****!!!

Banned

flowers172;5074847

have you ever tried claiming for a lost recorded delivery,its a mission … have you ever tried claiming for a lost recorded delivery,its a mission in its self, not worth the bother personally unless the item really has been lost.

eh?

you get a 1 sheet form, fill it in and you receive a cheque around 10 days later in my experience

thought it was pretty easy and suprisingly quick

first time it happened to me last week, said recorded first class on it but through the letterbox, better an honest postie than a rough, dont label them all the same, excellent service around here!

well i just got home from work and on my doorstep was my order from pc world - xbox live adapter and membership bundle!!

Xb0xGuru;5076927

Compared to some of the jobs out there where people start at stupid … Compared to some of the jobs out there where people start at stupid o'clock and don't get home until the latter hours of the evening completely stressed, it's cushy. Sure, it's more than likely a long day - but let's be honest, you're just delivering mail (well, *some* of them do !).8 bags weighing 16kg each = 128kg. There's no way anyone would be expected to LIFT that amount , let alone carry it. It breaks a shedload of heath and safety regulations for starters.Here's the bottom line - if you're a postie and you don't want to do your job properly - quit. Do something else where your inability to perform at the level required isn't going to directly affect a member of the public.

obviously not all at once, they have the bags dropped at points around there route!

Being a postie is most definitely not a "cushty" job!! First of all you spend half of your day dealing with extremely rude people who sit at home claiming they are unfit to work when they are just lazy while you are out in all weathers, be it heavy rain, snow, or wind trying to earn an honest living and keep those lazy people afloat by paying tax which funds there unemployment benefit!
    You carry heavy bags weighing around 16kg 5 times a day and believe it or not it is really hard work walking constantly for 3.5 hours carrying this weight!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I am extremely glad to have a job and it is a reasonable job but it is most definitely NOT cushty!! And I would like to see those saying that it is do it for a week and then coming back saying it is easy!
    Just have a little respect for your postie, I;m sure when you go ut for a meal that you are thankful and respectful to your waiter/waitress who brings you your food l!!! They are walking from a kitchen to your table without battling the elements! Your poor postie is bringing you your mail almost everyday and all they get is derogatory comments! Just think where you would be without your postie. And we do not all dump parcels on people's doorsteps so please don't tar us all with the same brush!
    Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions