Groups

Recording bass guitar into my computer /???

Hello, i see youtube videos of people playing bass and ive always wondered how the hell they record it so clear??? i never get a reply from them, i bought a SAMSON recording mic and it just records as a buzz!

4 Comments

1. Feed your bass into a mixer then into the line-in of your PC and use a sound recording package. (this is how I would do it)

2. Feed your bass direct into the line-in of your PC and use a sound recording package. (this maybe to loud for soundcard or even to quiet)

3. Does your bass amp have a line out? If yes then you could get a audio cable from that into line-in of your PC and use a sound recording package.

Hope that helps

Edit: or theres ]this although it seems a little pricey

And ]this has a line out

Banned

dcx_badass;8690611

Don't use a mic, you want the guitar straight into the PC.

+1

Right, I did music tech at uni and i've mixed a bunch of projects, mainly hip hop and played bass on quite a few tracks!

You wan't a good bass sound for cheap?

Ok.

Without spending money on getting a great sounding amp, micing it up, getting a decent pre amp etc etc, the easiest way is to DI (direct input) the bass into your computer.

You need two things.

A DI box.

A Mixing board.

So you'd do;

Bass -> DI Box -> Mixing board (line out)-> Computer (through the line in)

You can get cheap DI boxes that will just simply do the job. Something like this: dolphinmusic.co.uk/pro…tml

Or if you want something totally bad ass which will make it sound amped up and let you manipulate the tone go for this;
    tech21nyc.com/pro…tml

Then you just need a basic mixer, such as;
    dolphinmusic.co.uk/pro…tml

Believe me this is the best way to get a good recording sound of your bass without spending shed loads of money.

Btw are you currently putting your Samson mic up to your amp or just your bass?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3361206
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1423
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…78
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions