Recording FAILED on Sky+ - What shall i do?

Found 13th Mar 2009
Ok, so i turned on sky this morning to watch a program which i had recored last night but when i went to watch it it said 'failed' also at the same time i had a different program set to record this time it said the date next to it (it should of been recorded on tht day whcih was the same time as the other program). So what shall i do then, i have googled it but everyone is going on about V1 and V2 or somethings like that, i have know idea wht tht means. I have only had the Sky+ for less than a months now and it has already broke!

So what shall i do?

thanks

x

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
11 Comments

Ive got a freeview recorder and you get the odd thing that jsut doesnt record or does record but you cant play it back ---- turn it off them on take out your sky card and then turn it all back on and put the card back in - worth a punt

I don't know any way to get your programme. I've had the odd one fail on me. Think it's just one of those things.

i had one fail lastnight ( the wife's 10 years younger) as said above probably one of those things, just look for your program on the internet to watch

power cuts can course this even if only a matter of seconds, but as mentioned it happens, not a duff box

Welcome to Sky+ it does this sometimes. I've even had recordings in the future fail due to power cut - amazing foresight!

Original Poster

Damn, i hate wacthing tv on the internet! Its quite surprising how dependant i have become on the Sky+ feature.

If the signal is lost it can fail, also if you leave the sky box on a channel that stops broadcasting at a certain time it will fail. For example, cbeebies stops broadcasting at 7.00, if I leave it on that channel and have two programs set up to record it can not change the channel over, I don't know why it just cant. Once a recording is failed that's it you can't recover it, just have to delete it.

Original Poster

LaoTzu;4629599

If the signal is lost it can fail, also if you leave the sky box on a … If the signal is lost it can fail, also if you leave the sky box on a channel that stops broadcasting at a certain time it will fail. For example, cbeebies stops broadcasting at 7.00, if I leave it on that channel and have two programs set up to record it can not change the channel over, I don't know why it just cant. Once a recording is failed that's it you can't recover it, just have to delete it.

Hmm, well i never did any of tht

A failed recording what should i do = nothing its a failed recording and most common and no your sky+ is not broke.

Sometimes fails if sky is sending updates to your box.

Try this site to see if its repeated [url]www.tvguide.co.uk[/url]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57595
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions