recording from virgin media box

Found 13th May 2010
hi, after doing some research i have found out that it is possible to record from your virgin box. please correct me if i am wrong: the steps are:
1. connect virgin box to recorder using scart
2. connect recorder to tv using tvout/scart.

i have a samsung tv. what im looking for is a good dvdrecorder with harddrive 320gb. max spend £120. prefer sony,toshiba,lg good brand
thanks

7 Comments

Banned

why not just get a V+ box (about £5 per month more I think)

Original Poster

csiman;8595872

why not just get a V+ box (about £5 per month more I think)

if i leave virgin i will need to return the box back hence looseout that way. plus i think you also pay £50 for the box

tell virgin you are leaving to go to sky, they might offer you a deal for a v+ box to stay with them

Banned

danib;8595906

if i leave virgin i will need to return the box back hence looseout that … if i leave virgin i will need to return the box back hence looseout that way. plus i think you also pay £50 for the box

a £120 dvd recorder will be pretty worthless in a few years too though

it would be a nightmare having to set timers on the virgin box and the recorder simultaneously. The V+ box is infinitely better (dual recordings, series record etc).

csiman;8596054

a £120 dvd recorder will be pretty worthless in a few years too thoughit … a £120 dvd recorder will be pretty worthless in a few years too thoughit would be a nightmare having to set timers on the virgin box and the recorder simultaneously. The V+ box is infinitely better (dual recordings, series record etc).

:thumbsup: v+ deffo the way to go

Of course you can record from the box!! We have it connected to DVD recorder that use to tape stuff

Original Poster

ding;8596083

:thumbsup: v+ deffo the way to go

will i be able to transfer data to external harddrive from v+ box
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769570
    2. Add one, leave one game54415463
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52114
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882

See more discussions