Groups

recording help

Good morning

My sky contract ends next week and I’m desperate to get some of the recordings off the box onto my pc (there’s one of my daughter on cbeebies). My dvd recorder has packed in so I can’t go down that route. Does anyone know of any recording boxed that will allow me to record the programs directly to my external hdd or know any other whys to pull the recordings without taking the sky boxes to pieces?

Thanks

Neil

3 Comments

Apparantly you use +Extract to copy over the movies etc to your pc then use Project X to convert the DVB to mpeg2, thi only works with free to air stuff though.

Original Poster

danmc

Apparantly you use +Extract to copy over the movies etc to your pc then … Apparantly you use +Extract to copy over the movies etc to your pc then use Project X to convert the DVB to mpeg2, thi only works with free to air stuff though.

Thanks, i've read into that but it requires taking the hard drive out of the sky box and i'll only make a mess of that.

Taking the HD out isn't difficult but you would need to hook it up to a PC with either a universal SATA/IDE to USB cable or physically put it into a machine.

The other option is to hook up a DVD Recorder via the scart out or if an option if you have the right cables hook it up to a PC and live record/capture onto the device the SKY system is hooked up to.

If you can do the above go into your sky plus Planner and the Red Button should give you an option to 'Copy' this apparently (never used) cues the programme up and enables you to hit record on your other device pretty much like hooking 2 VHS players together years ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846345
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4482089
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35186
      4. Samsung Note 8812

See more discussions