Recording NowTv

Posted 2nd Mar 2019
Looking to reduce our BB and TV costs. Only need freeview plus a few of the ppv channels BUT do need to be able to record.
Nowtv would be an option but they don't seem to have a record function. Any suggestions anyone, please?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You can't record in now TV. It's either a catch up service or live TV, depending on box
Remember the catch up/on demand. Lots of programmes are time limited before they go
deleted1080215
Yeah, it's a pain. My BB has gone up to £50 plus power month from £40.
Can't record NowTV with it but a 2nd hand BT Youview DTR4000 1Tb box is a great little PVR will all the catchup services built in along with apps like Netflix, Amazon, NowTV and a user interface that puts most of the others to shame. Even has 4K support and 7 day tv guide with catchup app launch from TV guide.

usually plenty of these for sale on Gumtree/eBay etc for around £50
deleted1080215
Uridium02/03/2019 12:50

Can't record NowTV with it but a 2nd hand BT Youview DTR4000 1Tb box is a …Can't record NowTV with it but a 2nd hand BT Youview DTR4000 1Tb box is a great little PVR will all the catchup services built in along with apps like Netflix, Amazon, NowTV and a user interface that puts most of the others to shame. Even has 4K support and 7 day tv guide with catchup app launch from TV guide.usually plenty of these for sale on Gumtree/eBay etc for around £50

I have the Plusnet version of this, but it's now 'shadow playing' (no idea what the real term is, but similar to ghosting) and keeps running one program over the other, Constant disconnects and freezing requiring switching of and restarting which takes about 5 minutes. Not happy.
deleted108021502/03/2019 13:05

I have the Plusnet version of this, but it's now 'shadow playing' (no idea …I have the Plusnet version of this, but it's now 'shadow playing' (no idea what the real term is, but similar to ghosting) and keeps running one program over the other, Constant disconnects and freezing requiring switching of and restarting which takes about 5 minutes. Not happy.

is it the same 4k DTR4000 box (BT Ultra) or the older version?

Whichever it sounds like a fault with the HDD, easy to swap out. Standard 2.5" SATA drive
Uridium2 h, 41 m ago

Can't record NowTV with it but a 2nd hand BT Youview DTR4000 1Tb box is a …Can't record NowTV with it but a 2nd hand BT Youview DTR4000 1Tb box is a great little PVR will all the catchup services built in along with apps like Netflix, Amazon, NowTV and a user interface that puts most of the others to shame. Even has 4K support and 7 day tv guide with catchup app launch from TV guide.usually plenty of these for sale on Gumtree/eBay etc for around £50

Could not agree more. We bought said box after @Uridium 's and @CatsWithThumbs help off here. Highly recommended. We got ours, again after the advice off these members, from CEX. I was concerned as to buying from there, but it arrived in pristine condition and has worked perfectly (touch wood) ever since. Well worth considering.
Even a talk talk you view box, same interface as the bt version
deleted1080215
Reduced outgoings £20 a month. Rang ISP and managed to get exactly the same deal for £20 a month and the 'promise' to sort out the set top box. Getting onto that tommorow (different dept) and if it's not resolved in 10 days will cancel the contract. Got a 14 day cooling off period, I'm going to use that to get things done.
Thanks for help guys, will keep an eye out for a spare box just in case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants