ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)

Editor 8
Found 14th Aug 2017
I've owned this game twice now (the second being due to Smyths selling it for a fiver). It wasn't really well received at launch due to it's glitches and poor optimisation.

I really liked the concept of the game, it has (for me) a very Borderlands feel to it with some Tomb Raider-esque puzzles, or at least that's what I picked up from it in the short time that I played it. It was always stated from the offset that ReCore would receive a HDR patch, so I have decided to await this update until I fully played the game.

Apparently it's coming (probably) on the 29th August.

2764245-YguwO.jpg
indiannoob.in states...

"ReCore is an action-adventure game by Comcept and Armature Studio which was released on September, 2016. It wasn’t well received by critics for its incomplete nature and numerous optimisation issues. But it seems like the studio wants to give it another shot with a remastered version, ReCore: Definitive Edition.

ReCore: Definitive Edition is not officially announced yet (rather than few rating site leaks), however, IndianNoob has acquired some details regarding the upcoming re-release of the game.

2764245-fZAcp.jpg
[Tweet source]

The Definitive Edition is remastered for high resolution graphics and HDR. And as promised, it’ll come with a fifth corebot “T8NK” with an additional adventure area called “Eye of Obsidian“, which is probably that “missing” area you required “T8NK” to get access. The game releases on August 29 as a physical copy and digital code.

Also, this new update (with HDR, high graphics and area) will probably be available to gamers who already bought the game.
As a matter of fact, a few players reported that ReCore: Definitive Edition was in their games list, before disappearing.

It’s pretty odd to see Microsoft releasing a Definitive Edition of a game that hasn’t even received any DLCs at all.

Well, Gamescom 2017 is on its way so an official announcement is inevitable (probably)."
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Original Poster Editor
"It’s pretty odd to see Microsoft releasing a Definitive Edition of a game that hasn’t even received any DLCs at all."

I think this pretty much says it all, but with any luck the 'update' will be FoC and will allow the game to be more than it sadly was at its release
I've got the original game still in it's shrink wrap sat in my pile! Would be nice to know if the update is coming to the standard edition too.

The weirdly incestuous conspiracy of secrecy prevalent in the game industry is so backward. Why can't they just be straight with consumers? Pretending games aren't in development, pretending games ARE in development, bullshots, raw-pull "gameplay" renders, scripted "vertical slice" previews... This industry is insane.
Original Poster Editor
Krooner3 m ago

I've got the original game still in it's shrink wrap sat in my pile! Would …I've got the original game still in it's shrink wrap sat in my pile! Would be nice to know if the update is coming to the standard edition too. The weirdly incestuous conspiracy of secrecy prevalent in the game industry is so backward. Why can't they just be straight with consumers? Pretending games aren't in development, pretending games ARE in development, bullshots, raw-pull "gameplay" renders, scripted "vertical slice" previews... This industry is insane.

Rumours suggest that some Xbox One owners have seen 'ReCore - Definitive Edition' appear in their games list and then removed, which would suggest that the original is to be updated to the Definitive Edition. Obviously nothing is in concrete until it's actually announced, which is most likely to be at Gamescom. Microsoft take to the stage on Sunday
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 14th Aug 2017
I've been looking at that waiting for it to be a tenner
Error44011 m ago

I've been looking at that waiting for it to be a tenner

I think it has been already. Not sure I'd have it if not... maybe £12.

BuzzDuraband2 h, 45 m ago

Rumours suggest that some Xbox One owners have seen 'ReCore - Definitive …Rumours suggest that some Xbox One owners have seen 'ReCore - Definitive Edition' appear in their games list and then removed, which would suggest that the original is to be updated to the Definitive Edition. Obviously nothing is in concrete until it's actually announced, which is most likely to be at Gamescom. Microsoft take to the stage on Sunday

Encouraging.
Have had this game for a while. Been waiting exactly for this.
This was one of the biggest disappointments of this generation and I don't think it's something they can really save, I liked the base gameplay and the design of the game but so much of it felt unfinished or just badly designed. The general progression seemed a mess as you were often heavily punished as you explored for not getting a jump right or not realising there was a much higher level enemy there or not realising you weren't allowed to step on a part of the level and getting too little time to get back. The AI assistant bots seemed really poorly thought out and suggest they had something quite different in mind for them that was cut back, their progression and upgrades seem far too complicated for what they actually do and I found it extremely irritating you could only take two skills with you at a time.

What eventually killed the game for me though was the combat/camera in close range didn't really work at all as there's a lack of melee attacks and the camera was prone to swinging round erratically and taking your attacks onto something else. Near the end though the game repeatedly forces you to play tedious long battles in small arenas which highlights the problems with the combat and just forced me to give up on the game as I wasn't getting any enjoyment from it, just frustration.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants