Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop

Found 20th Oct 2017
Turned Laptop on this morning and it sits their with the HP screen and little round dots (hour glass) for ten mins then reboots and repeats for ever. When I turned it off last night it installed a Windows Update.

So how do I recover this now, gone of the HP start key options work so can't get into recovery mode. I suppose the is a recovery I can run from SD card or usb disk but thought someone might a niffty trick.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I also have a similar problem but mine won’t let me do a factory reset any help?
You can make a recovery USB stick, you need 16gb stick and a matching system to make it one 32 or 64 bit. I was hoping that someone can come up with an idea to fix an OS system without booting into it.

I'm in trouble because I recently moved and all my spare IT stuff is in storage, although it was supposed to come with me to the new place
I bought a omen desktop , when I done a update it froze, only way I could do a factory reset was hold the off button in for over 10 seconds , it then let me go on to the recovery partition and reset the comp .
Yes, here's a niffty trick, its called Back Up, and then Back Up your Back Ups, do it on a regular basis and hope you never have to use them.
zirk6 h, 58 m ago

Yes, here's a niffty trick, its called Back Up, and then Back Up your Back …Yes, here's a niffty trick, its called Back Up, and then Back Up your Back Ups, do it on a regular basis and hope you never have to use them.

Love this place for when I need a smart arse. Esp one that can't read.

All my data is stored online it's not a data loss issue it's a time issue.
KemCol21st Oct 2017

I bought a omen desktop , when I done a update it froze, only way I could …I bought a omen desktop , when I done a update it froze, only way I could do a factory reset was hold the off button in for over 10 seconds , it then let me go on to the recovery partition and reset the comp .

Total mess, finally F11 worked to get into recovery up but none of the options will finish with success. I've downloaded a win 10 iso but does anyone know how to recover the product code of a disk without booting into it ?
PulisOut20 h, 14 m ago

Love this place for when I need a smart arse. Esp one that can't read.All …Love this place for when I need a smart arse. Esp one that can't read.All my data is stored online it's not a data loss issue it's a time issue.

Your back up online is as good as useless if you cant get to it in time, hence why I said Back Up your Back Up.
PulisOut15 h, 28 m ago

Total mess, finally F11 worked to get into recovery up but none of the …Total mess, finally F11 worked to get into recovery up but none of the options will finish with success. I've downloaded a win 10 iso but does anyone know how to recover the product code of a disk without booting into it ?

You dont need the Product Code on Win10, just install it, it will come back as pre registered next time you go online with that PC, assuming the machine was licensed under win10 before hand.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants