Groups

Recycling old mobile phone worries...

My dad's GF has been given an N95 6gb off a friend and doesn't want it so we are recycling it, I compared different companies and found that rpcrecycle.com would give me the most money for it, so we sent off for a package to send it to them.

It has come but now we are sceptical about their intentions, it says on a letter sent with it:

"Once we have received your handset, we will process your order and dispatch your cheque to the address given"

Does that mean that they could look at the phone, disagree about their estimate off the website and send a tenner, and we have no say in the matter? I think some places would get in contact with you to let you know of any price changes and let you have your phone back.

Also, has anyone else used RPCRecyle.com? would you recommend?

Any help would be greatly recieved.

15 Comments

go with mazuma m8 price you see is price youl get as long as its working

Im sure the OP means 8gb

i wouldnt be taking a chance on them for £2

jamstaruk1972;7595760

go with mazuma m8 price you see is price youl get as long as its working

yep gotta agree very good

mobilevaluer.com/ will compare several fonebank offer £119

sell it on ebay. you will get much more cash for it then the recycling companies. take that ebay cash and dontate it to a recylcing/environment charity.

monkeybrains;7595954

sell it on ebay. you will get much more cash for it then the recycling … sell it on ebay. you will get much more cash for it then the recycling companies. take that ebay cash and dontate it to a recylcing/environment charity.

i prefer to sell to recylcle companies no comeback from buyer

jamstaruk1972;7596003

i prefer to sell to recylcle companies no comeback from buyer

who knows some companies dont relsell your phone

monkeybrains;7596177

who knows some companies dont relsell your phone

not bothered about that more worried about chancers opening paypal disputes on ebay and how paypal always take their side

jamstaruk1972;7596272

not bothered about that more worried about chancers opening paypal … not bothered about that more worried about chancers opening paypal disputes on ebay and how paypal always take their side

oo. yeh ebay sucks but where can we go

Original Poster

monkeybrains;7595954

sell it on ebay. you will get much more cash for it then the recycling … sell it on ebay. you will get much more cash for it then the recycling companies. take that ebay cash and dontate it to a recylcing/environment charity.

Checked ebay, seems like none are going close to recycling estimates, even in perfect condition.

Thanks for all the help guys, thought only a couple of people would help, so I was pleasantly surprised :):thumbsup::-D

]Here. Also £3.70 TopCashback (seem to have gone missing from quidco.)

mazuma, without a doubt the best recycle mobile site, payment quick, on time, everytime!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions