Red alert 2

Can't play online anyone know why?

10 Comments

your internet dont work?

Original Poster

Comon im not stupid. im posting from the computer now?

spobby;2634779

Comon im not stupid. im posting from the computer now?

How do you know...

Original Poster

red_dwarfer;2634825

How do you know...

Ok yes my internets working.

How are you trying to play? From what I remember of RA2, it used IPX and was basically a pain in the neck to get working unless you were on the same portion of network (locally) or using the Westwood servers which I'm guessing are no longer available? There was a software package called FSGS (Free Standard Game Server) which I used to run to get around the problem but I've not tried RA2 online for a while now.

John

Original Poster

I have just been trying to connect, trying to create a user, but it won't create.

username already in use?

All the networks suck. If you want to play someone you know consider playing Lan using Hamachi

Original Poster

Titchimp;2635063

All the networks suck. If you want to play someone you know consider … All the networks suck. If you want to play someone you know consider playing Lan using Hamachi

Yeah , just looked into that, thanks!

You have to use an old version of hamichi 1.0.11, the newer ones don't work, and you must remember to install ipx protocol in windows xp it isn't installed by default.
If you're talking a non techie person thru install, make sure they don't press the upgrade version automatically after the reboot
Get the old version from filehippo
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona55
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764039
    3. What an absolute disgrace2161
    4. Pink Balls24

See more discussions