Groups

red dead price drop?

when the heck is this game gonna drop? its been way over 2 months now. considering ive waited this long, i really cant justify spending 35 quid on a game which is worth a lot less and isnt even that recent. ive just got a horrible feeling it isnt anytime soon
    oh, and another question, rockstar supposedly didnt allow supermarkets to have a mw2-esque price war with red dead hence some not having it on the release date, couldn't activi$ion do the same for black ops? i mean what is it to rockstar, they're getting all the money they want, its the supermarkets losing out right?

9 Comments

why is it worth alot less?

how are the supermarkets loosing out? they sell the game for more than they would previously, so are not actually losing out.

1) The most popular titles tend to hold their price. Look at Call of Duty 4, that was still going for £20+ two years after it was first released.

2) We're only just this Friday reaching the end of the Summer games drought. One of the reasons that prices drop is that there's so many games coming out week after week. This obviously affects the potential sale of previously released games as people are more inclined to pay full whack for the newest titles rather than ones that are even a month or two old. There has been nothing else competing with Red Dead lately, so why would they drop the price? Especially since it's been selling strongly since release?

To be quite honest, it's one of the few games that fully justifies a £35 price tag (like most of Rockstar's work) so I wouldn't be too irked about paying it if I were you. Get it on FS/FT, you'll probably pick up a second hand copy for £25-28.

Original Poster

winifer

how are the supermarkets loosing out? they sell the game for more than … how are the supermarkets loosing out? they sell the game for more than they would previously, so are not actually losing out.

when they sell them for 25/26 (cod and fifa) they LOSE MONEY.

Original Poster

Alfonse

why is it worth alot less?

because its 2 months old?

Banned

supermandem

because its 2 months old?

so?

its called supply and demand

goes for £25 on here every day unless you really want to unwrap it from its cellophane

Original Poster

WRONG. i got it for 24

Banned

supermandem

WRONG. i got it for 24

after hours of haggling lol

Original Poster

it takes skill to haggle successfully
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions