Groups

Red Dead Redemption XBL contest

Again, thanks for this great site, I managed to win a theme code and 400ms points today.

Was anybody else on the lucky list?

21 Comments

I just checked and I'm a winner as well. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Actually my 400pts code doesn't seem to work on xbox.com, is yours OK?

Same here. I received a code for a theme which worked but my points code doesn't as do many others...

Original Poster

citizenerased;8944908

Do your points code actually work though? I received a code for a theme … Do your points code actually work though? I received a code for a theme which worked but my points code doesn't as do many others...

Yep, exactly the same here.

Did you try it from the console or the website?

Got mine yesterday and they worked

Got them this morning, not tried them yet...

400 points comes up as invalid and I get a 'transaction error' for the theme.

Seems either the codes have not been activated on Xbox yet or someone on another website suggested people in the UK had been sent America only codes by mistake (contest was UK residents only).

Original Poster

DejaEntendu;8944926

Got mine yesterday and they worked

Was that from xbox.com or the console dashboard mate?

I got...a theme only, but still better than a kick in the ******** (unless that's your thing)! =D

Spark;8944914

Yep, exactly the same here.Did you try it from the console or the website?

I've tried from both have neither have worked. Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

Original Poster

citizenerased;8945247

I've tried from both have neither have worked. Hopefully they'll get it … I've tried from both have neither have worked. Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

I'm just glad that it isn't only me to be honest.

The theme code expired 30th June but I only received it last night at 21:31 so it was only valid for two and a half hours.

Both mine were console dashboard, points and theme

oh, my gf got the theme too and she used hers on xbox.com tho

Original Poster

I may give mine another go from the console dashboard when I get home tonight and see if I have any luck.

Thanks mate, rep left.

The points can be redeemed on a US account (as the codes are region locked).
    Just saw AceyBongos tweeted though that they´re looking into the issue (as they sent out US MS points codes).
    So I guess they´ll sort it soon so you can use them on your UK accounts too.

i got mine but the code didn't work. Contacted @XboxSupport on twitter and they're sorting it.

hypnoticstate;8945816

i got mine but the code didn't work. Contacted @XboxSupport on twitter … i got mine but the code didn't work. Contacted @XboxSupport on twitter and they're sorting it.

Yeah, as I said: The points codes are US ones and region locked.
    So unless you got an US account you have to wait for them to sort it.

Original Poster

No worries, it's a freebie so I don't mind waiting.

Thanks TanyaSpace, rep left.

Original Poster

Just to say that I tried my 400pts code last night from the console dash and it worked.

I also got two further emails from them last night re-itterating the codes and saying that they wouldn't expire.

Codes now work.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions