Groups
    EXPIRED

Red Driving School's parent firm in administration

A heads up for anybody who was planning to book driving lessons with Red.

Not sure if you pay the company direct, or driving instructor (who I presume is self employed?)

If it's the company it may be worth paying with a credit card if making a block booking over £100 or pay on a lesson by lesson basis if paying by any other method.

According to BBC they are UK's 3rd biggest driving school.

9 Comments

Good Heads up.....

Driving schools must of been hit hard over the last 2 years with all the doom and gloom.....

Im actually "general manager" (not my official role) for an up and coming driving school, I won't mention which one as it may be classed as self promotion lol but its good news for us.

dre1988;7879660

Im actually general manager for an up and coming driving school, I won't … Im actually general manager for an up and coming driving school, I won't mention which one as it may be classed as self promotion lol but its good news for us.

Looking at your location & Avatar you could re-brand as "The Red's Driving School" too!

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;7879825

Looking at your location & Avatar you could re-brand as "The Red's … Looking at your location & Avatar you could re-brand as "The Red's Driving School" too! :)BFN,fp.

haha I didn't think of that one, could be a possibility, I know they are now looking for a buyer to save them from going under, might get the directors to make them an offer :thumbsup: hehe

you're 22 and already a general manager of a driving school?

hassony;7879950

you're 22 and already a general manager of a driving school?

I was waiting for this comment, lol

yeh I am, we are not a massive company by any means but that is the aim, we have over 50 instructors on the books at the minute, and are aiming for 100 in 6 months time.

I'm only a manager because I have been here since the very beginning, I started when the company was formed. I was the first employee

I started as a temp just to get their databases sorted out and thats what I studied and stayed, "manager" isnt my official role although thats what everyone sees me as now, because I deal with all aspects of the company, from dealing with instructors to the seo and internet marketing side of the company.

fanpages;7879825

Looking at your location & Avatar you could re-brand as "The Red's … Looking at your location & Avatar you could re-brand as "The Red's Driving School" too! :)BFN,fp.

:w00t:

MM

with red driving school they charge 3k to make drivers into driving instructors, yet the test fees costs almost 1k if passed first time, the material costs another £600 which comes free with red. if you include that with lessons, equipment, administraion and car use. they make a loss
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2137
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30123
      3. Spotify Family Premium share823
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616

See more discussions