Redeem Tesco clubcard vouchers for triple value at now tv

Groups

44 Comments
Does this mean nowtv will have another price increase
MRL26331/07/2019 11:57

Does this mean nowtv will have another price increase

No that will happen if it's finally upgraded to full HD.
Finally something added to the clubcard scheme that is worth using.
bitm200731/07/2019 12:12

No that will happen if it's finally upgraded to full HD.

So are you telling me that the prices are going to stay the same for the forseeable?
Edited by: "Kais" 31st Jul 2019
Kais31/07/2019 13:04

So are you telling me that the prices are going to stay the same for the …So are you telling me that the prices are going to stay the same for the forseeable?

Yes, only recently gone up and no still sign of full HD.
so i wonder if we will see sky letting us use it.
What does this mean??? we can use clubcard points to buy a nowtv pass? can someone confirm what actually is the benfit here.
Hunker9101/08/2019 15:30

What does this mean??? we can use clubcard points to buy a nowtv pass? can …What does this mean??? we can use clubcard points to buy a nowtv pass? can someone confirm what actually is the benfit here.

£5 of clubcard vouchers can be turned to a £15 nowtv code/voucher i expect.
Can you use the club card vouchers for the monthly subscription??
Rather use mine for pizza express 🍕
"Here’s how it works:
A new ‘Credit Wallet’ will be added to the NOW TV account page, allowing customers to add credit to their account which can be spent on any NOW TV pass or product (excluding Broadband).
NOW TV will add triple the value of Clubcard vouchers to the customer’s ‘Credit Wallet’. That means £10 of Clubcard vouchers is £30 of NOW TV credit.
Remaining credit will stay on a customer’s account for three years and will be used towards monthly auto-renewals."
I wonder if I can part pay for Sky Sports season ticket (£199) with Clubcard? Looks promising
davidian8413/08/2019 08:24

"Here’s how it works:A new ‘Credit Wallet’ will be added to the NOW TV acco …"Here’s how it works:A new ‘Credit Wallet’ will be added to the NOW TV account page, allowing customers to add credit to their account which can be spent on any NOW TV pass or product (excluding Broadband).NOW TV will add triple the value of Clubcard vouchers to the customer’s ‘Credit Wallet’. That means £10 of Clubcard vouchers is £30 of NOW TV credit.Remaining credit will stay on a customer’s account for three years and will be used towards monthly auto-renewals."

So by that statement, our vouchers will be tripled up into a NOW TV account credit wallet, which I presume we'll be able to use towards any of their subscriptions:

Premier League = 40 weeks / 10 months

Day: £8.99 / ~£3 Tesco vouchers
Week: £14.99 / ~£5 Tesco vouchers (£200 for season)
Month: £33.99 / £11.33 Tesco vouchers (£113.33 for season)
Season: £199 / £66.33 Tesco vouchers

My virgin media contract has run out last month on XL package (yes I forgot reminder), so I will use these figures to haggle with them on retentions.

Any clues which day this offer will pop up on Tesco mid-August?
Edited by: "dgwl" 13th Aug 2019
Nice, any news on what date it starts?
dgwl13/08/2019 12:42

So by that statement, our vouchers will be tripled up into a NOW TV …So by that statement, our vouchers will be tripled up into a NOW TV account credit wallet, which I presume we'll be able to use towards any of their subscriptions:Premier League = 40 weeks / 10 monthsDay: £8.99 / ~£3 Tesco vouchersWeek: £14.99 / ~£5 Tesco vouchers (£200 for season)Month: £33.99 / £11.33 Tesco vouchers (£113.33 for season)Season: £199 / £66.33 Tesco vouchersMy virgin media contract has run out last month on XL package (yes I forgot reminder), so I will use these figures to haggle with them on retentions. Any clues which day this offer will pop up on Tesco mid-August?

Very possibly and it could mean when you cancel and they offer movies for £3.99 it will work with that, but they could just block and credit use for anything other than full price subscriptions.
The only other article online/google at the moment is by expert reviews (and the goodhousekeeping already mentioned).

Very little traction at the moment for something that'll come into effect mid-August (now) that was only caught wind of yesterday by two websites.

[quote] While Now TV offers some fantastic deals and offers, nothing’s caught our eye quite like this partnership with Tesco, which lets Clubcard members convert their vouchers into Now TV credit for a triple the value. In essence, £10-worth of Clubcard vouchers will translate into £30 of Now TV credit, offering insane value on one of the best streaming platforms around.

... the value of Clubcard points will literally treble when converted to Now TV credit. A fiver will become 15 sweet British pounds. £20 will become £60. You get the idea.Leftover credit will go towards auto-renewals, and remaining credit beyond that (seriously, how many Clubcard points do you have?) will stay on the account for three years.

[/quote]

edit, sod it, can't remember how to do quotations on HUDK...
Edited by: "dgwl" 13th Aug 2019
ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

As a NOW TV subscriber myself I have not received any notice of this change from the provider and the account page does not yet show a credit wallet. Naturally we asked NOW TV directly about this and were told the following: Yes, it’s true that NOW TV is partnering with Tesco, however it’s still in the initial stage,” said one of their support agents.

The provider doesn’t currently have a solid launch date for the new partnership and instead recommended that we keep a close eye on their website and community pages for a future update.
Edited by: "dgwl" 14th Aug 2019
Looks like this is now live. Who is going to go first?
Edited by: "Notanotherdeal" 19th Aug 2019
ubereats was the best use. next is probably cinema tickets imo. Can u use this with the black friday offers they have?
Just redeemed £3 of vouchers for £9 credit and it worked no problem.

I have just checked to see if you can use the credit against the 10 month Sky Sports deal and it works.

It would work out at £66.50 worth of vouchers for 10 months Sky Sports.
fossman19/08/2019 15:34

Just redeemed £3 of vouchers for £9 credit and it worked no problem.I have …Just redeemed £3 of vouchers for £9 credit and it worked no problem.I have just checked to see if you can use the credit against the 10 month Sky Sports deal and it works.It would work out at £66.50 worth of vouchers for 10 months Sky Sports.

Looking at the detail it appears you can 'transfer' upto £150 worth of credit on each swap. So in theory to get the 10 month offer this would need to take place in two steps.

I'll take a further look tonight, although I may delay actually purchasing the 10 month offer until nearer the weekend, when our existing offer ends.
Edited by: "Notanotherdeal" 19th Aug 2019
Just been trying to do this, exchanged the Tesco points ok but then when I followed the link in the email it said they couldn't be added to my account. Spoke to somebody on the Now TV online chat who tried to sort it out but said there were technical issues with my account and they're going to have to pass it on to the Now Tv technical team who'll get back to me within 5 days. Not sure if I'm just really unlucky or if there are more widespread teething problems.
Mike7319/08/2019 19:15

Just been trying to do this, exchanged the Tesco points ok but then when I …Just been trying to do this, exchanged the Tesco points ok but then when I followed the link in the email it said they couldn't be added to my account. Spoke to somebody on the Now TV online chat who tried to sort it out but said there were technical issues with my account and they're going to have to pass it on to the Now Tv technical team who'll get back to me within 5 days. Not sure if I'm just really unlucky or if there are more widespread teething problems.

Snap!
Just so you know if you open a new account to use these it will not let you access any of the offers on currently, like the 6 months ent and movie pass for £56.99. Actually fuming.
Edited by: "fattyflumpalump" 20th Aug 2019
fattyflumpalump20/08/2019 20:11

Just so you know if you open a new account to use these it will not let …Just so you know if you open a new account to use these it will not let you access any of the offers on currently, like the 6 months ent and movie pass for £56.99. Actually fuming.

Oh well, I thought it might be too good to be true, that you could use Tesco vouchers for cut price Now TV Offers, given that they are offering 3x the voucher value for Now TV credit.
I'm currently on 2 cut price passes, which both still have several payments to finish. My Now TV account wouldn't add Tesco voucher credit on from from the voucher scheme, I suspect, because of the still running discount passes. Which probably means the voucher credit can only be used on full price passes.
Perhaps I'm wrong and I'm waiting to hear from Now TV (5 days via email! ) as to why I can't add the vouchers. But even if, it's a full price discount only, it's still a great offer.
Mike7319/08/2019 19:15

Just been trying to do this, exchanged the Tesco points ok but then when I …Just been trying to do this, exchanged the Tesco points ok but then when I followed the link in the email it said they couldn't be added to my account. Spoke to somebody on the Now TV online chat who tried to sort it out but said there were technical issues with my account and they're going to have to pass it on to the Now Tv technical team who'll get back to me within 5 days. Not sure if I'm just really unlucky or if there are more widespread teething problems.

Decided to test with £1 Clubcard voucher which was due to expire at the end of the month. Transaction and link to use arrived really quickly from Tesco. However when I enter my account details it states the £3 'credit' could not be added (possibly due to being Combo customer / which I am not).

So will need to contact Now Tv later today.

Since you have experienced similar problems @Mike73 may I ask whether your username is your email address or something else? Mine is the latter and just wondering whether this might be the cause of the problem
callchris1st20/08/2019 21:29

Oh well, I thought it might be too good to be true, that you could use …Oh well, I thought it might be too good to be true, that you could use Tesco vouchers for cut price Now TV Offers, given that they are offering 3x the voucher value for Now TV credit. I'm currently on 2 cut price passes, which both still have several payments to finish. My Now TV account wouldn't add Tesco voucher credit on from from the voucher scheme, I suspect, because of the still running discount passes. Which probably means the voucher credit can only be used on full price passes. Perhaps I'm wrong and I'm waiting to hear from Now TV (5 days via email! ) as to why I can't add the vouchers. But even if, it's a full price discount only, it's still a great offer.

Although I have had little joy to date (as per posting above) the actual credit won't expire until February 2020 (as shown in the delivery email). Hopefully your cut price passes will have expired well before then thus allowing the Clubcard credit to be applied. Although rereading your post again I'm assuming you wanted to use the credit against your existing deal. Sorry it's late!
Edited by: "Notanotherdeal" 21st Aug 2019
Notanotherdeal21/08/2019 00:51

Although I have had little joy to date (as per posting above) the actual …Although I have had little joy to date (as per posting above) the actual credit won't expire until February 2020 (as shown in the delivery email). Hopefully your cut price passes will have expired well before then thus allowing the Clubcard credit to be applied. Although rereading your post again I'm assuming you wanted to use the credit against your existing deal. Sorry it's late!

Yes, I saw the credit expiry date and my passes finish in November, I'll then use the voucher to renew the Entertainment Pass.
Notanotherdeal21/08/2019 00:46

Decided to test with £1 Clubcard voucher which was due to expire at the …Decided to test with £1 Clubcard voucher which was due to expire at the end of the month. Transaction and link to use arrived really quickly from Tesco. However when I enter my account details it states the £3 'credit' could not be added (possibly due to being Combo customer / which I am not).So will need to contact Now Tv later today. Since you have experienced similar problems @Mike73 may I ask whether your username is your email address or something else? Mine is the latter and just wondering whether this might be the cause of the problem

You are correct, my username is not my email address so I guess that could be causing the glitch. Having said that, during the chat I had with Now TV on Monday i mentioned that the Tesco clubcard is in my name and Now TV is in my wife's name and they said that isn't the problem. Hopefully we'll get a reply soon. I'll post when we do.
I’m having the same problem as many of the rest of you seem to be having, it says ‘sorry we are not able to add this credit to your account, this may be due to being a combo customer’ (which I’m not :/ ) I spoke on live chat & they’ve passed it to the ‘team’ who will apparently get back to me within 5 days
fattyflumpalump01/08/2019 17:03

£5 of clubcard vouchers can be turned to a £15 nowtv code/voucher i expect.

How do I make it £5,00 because everytime I get 150 Clubcard points they send out a voucher to use. So how do I make it 500 points
Be interesting to see if anyone who is on a reduced monthly deal manages to use the credit as payment or if it will only work on full price passes as T&C’s dont seem to make a distinction.
i am currently paying zero per month until the 6th October so cant try it myself
19DembaBa1921/08/2019 09:27

How do I make it £5,00 because everytime I get 150 Clubcard points they …How do I make it £5,00 because everytime I get 150 Clubcard points they send out a voucher to use. So how do I make it 500 points

You have to go into your clubcard account and click on rewards, add your coupons to the deal you want and click buy, it will triple them and you will get an email with instructions. I know that'll only give you 4.50 but if you want more you'll have to save up your coupons or spend more to get more points. Hope that helps.
fattyflumpalump21/08/2019 14:29

You have to go into your clubcard account and click on rewards, add your …You have to go into your clubcard account and click on rewards, add your coupons to the deal you want and click buy, it will triple them and you will get an email with instructions. I know that'll only give you 4.50 but if you want more you'll have to save up your coupons or spend more to get more points. Hope that helps.

So how do you save up after ever 150 points they send you voucher to spend £1.50. Do I spend this £1.50 and save it but what if the voucher expires what happens then
Contacted Now Tv via webchat and have joined the queue for a 'fix' of sorts. Doesn't look like I will be using any clubcard points for the 10 months sports pass anytime soon .
callchris1st20/08/2019 21:29

Oh well, I thought it might be too good to be true, that you could use …Oh well, I thought it might be too good to be true, that you could use Tesco vouchers for cut price Now TV Offers, given that they are offering 3x the voucher value for Now TV credit. I'm currently on 2 cut price passes, which both still have several payments to finish. My Now TV account wouldn't add Tesco voucher credit on from from the voucher scheme, I suspect, because of the still running discount passes. Which probably means the voucher credit can only be used on full price passes. Perhaps I'm wrong and I'm waiting to hear from Now TV (5 days via email! ) as to why I can't add the vouchers. But even if, it's a full price discount only, it's still a great offer.

I take it back! At last, I've been able to add £9 Tesco Clubcard credit to my account, had to press 'try again' several times, for it to be accepted.
My next payment, for a discount Sky Cinema Month Pass (£4), is due on the 28th August. So fingers crossed, it will take the payment from the Tesco credit and not my debit card.
callchris1st22/08/2019 19:23

I take it back! At last, I've been able to add £9 Tesco Clubcard credit to …I take it back! At last, I've been able to add £9 Tesco Clubcard credit to my account, had to press 'try again' several times, for it to be accepted. My next payment, for a discount Sky Cinema Month Pass (£4), is due on the 28th August. So fingers crossed, it will take the payment from the Tesco credit and not my debit card.

Just tried mine and it's worked as well. Hopefully should be fixed for everybody now.
19DembaBa1921/08/2019 16:15

So how do you save up after ever 150 points they send you voucher to spend …So how do you save up after ever 150 points they send you voucher to spend £1.50. Do I spend this £1.50 and save it but what if the voucher expires what happens then

They will normally reissue, for a longer date, unused coupons. Alternatively you can join Christmas savers and you'll only get yr vouchers once a year.
You cant spend them and save them.
Edited by: "fattyflumpalump" 23rd Aug 2019
Mike7323/08/2019 07:35

Just tried mine and it's worked as well. Hopefully should be fixed for …Just tried mine and it's worked as well. Hopefully should be fixed for everybody now.

Still getting the same message. Hopefully it won't be too long before they fix my account.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants