Redmi Note 4 problems. 3G/weak signal and touch buttons

Found 11th Apr 2017
I've upgrade to a Redmi Note 4 and have also got a new sim-only contract from EE (4G). My problems are:

1) Although most of the time, the icon at the top of my phone says I have 4G, I sometimes struggle to load certain websites (though google always works seamlessly) and suggests I may have weak network signal. Though when I do a speedtest via the app, I say I have downlaod speed of about 50mbps! Though I notice I dont see the 3G icon, so not sure if this is the issue.

2) Sometimes, mostly when Im playing a game (Legion of heroes), I try pressing the home button or back button to quit but nothing happens. The fix is for me to press the power (or 'screen off') button and then once I re-unlock the lockscreen/black screen, the touch buttons work fine again!

Please help me!!!!!

Thanks!
Community Updates
AskMovieNote 4
12 Comments
Hi Laubi02,
Firstly, would you tell us what Rom you are using it will say in the about phone part in settings. In Fact, if you can take a screenshot of this part it would be more helpful.
Edited by: "gsnares" 11th Apr 2017
website loading is tough. could be anything. poor site, heavy data site, poor server of the site.
so it's tough to call when it's a phone problem or a problem at the other end.
Original Poster
gsnares

Hi Laubi02,Firstly, would you tell us what Rom you are using it will say … Hi Laubi02,Firstly, would you tell us what Rom you are using it will say in the about phone part in settings. In Fact, if you can take a screenshot of this part it would be more helpful.

Thank you! Im not sure where it syas it, so screenshot the whole thing:

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/31ol622bK.png

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/31pG1DTi2.png

doncoop

website loading is tough. could be anything. poor site, heavy data site, … website loading is tough. could be anything. poor site, heavy data site, poor server of the site.so it's tough to call when it's a phone problem or a problem at the other end.

websites are generic ones like ebay or reddit. sites which work on other phones. so it is just specific to my phone and network I think. Though weirdest thing is my speedtest still shows betyween 30-50mbps!

Edited by: "Laubi02" 11th Apr 2017
Could be a DNS lookup problem. That would explain why the speeds good, but the webpages aren't. . .
Original Poster
steve1221

Could be a DNS lookup problem. That would explain why the speeds good, … Could be a DNS lookup problem. That would explain why the speeds good, but the webpages aren't. . .

thank you! but what is that and how do i fix it?
Update your phone??

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 11th Apr 2017
Original Poster
RiverDragon8

Update your phone??

phones fully up to date.
Original Poster
gsnares

Hi Laubi02,Firstly, would you tell us what Rom you are using it will say … Hi Laubi02,Firstly, would you tell us what Rom you are using it will say in the about phone part in settings. In Fact, if you can take a screenshot of this part it would be more helpful.

Hi, any more luck now the screenshots are up?
Firstly it seems the button problem is known as its on Youtube. What web browser are you using on your phone ?
Original Poster
gsnares

Firstly it seems the button problem is known as its on Youtube. What web … Firstly it seems the button problem is known as its on Youtube. What web browser are you using on your phone ?

standard default browser. But Ive tried chrome which gives the same errors.
Do you get the same problem on wifi?
Original Poster
gsnares

Do you get the same problem on wifi?

nope.

though i may have had a breakthrough.

Ive changed my network preference from 4g to 3g. and so far, it hasnt created a problem...yet. Im guessing with preference to 4g, the phones stays on it even if 4g signal is weak? even though the icon says "H" (HSPA). Also doesnt explain why speedtest shows 50+ mbps

The next problem is then the phone doesnt go to 4g as 3g is always there..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants