Redmi note 4 set up

Found 29th Oct 2017
My note 4 has been lying in box for weeks. Finally got up the courage to try and switch to it. Can anyone help with the following-
When I plug it into PC via USB, i don't see the folders, so I cannot move files around?
When the screen is locked I see a hot air balloon with "trendstime" bottom left - how can i remove that?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
When you plug in via USB you need to tap from the pulldown menu 'USB for charging' then select Transfer files (MTP)
32331696-u1HeA.jpg
Thanks. When i select PTP (photos the folder appears), but when i select MTP, nothing. I am using Windows 7
Okay I have it now. I had to go into settings, set up as developer and find USB debugging. Good old Youtube.
Thanks again RiverD. I am using 2 sims - i was pretty disappointed yesterday when I realised I had to choose between 2nd sim and SD card.
Is there a way to change the Trendstime screensaver?
I don't have the Trendstime screensaver, try settings/Additional settings/Developer options/Skip screen lock (turn on).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Oct 2017
what methods do people use to transfer things like pdf's from one android phone to another. I find the changing phones from android to android is very clunky. I know things like contacts, photos can be saved to the cloud so that's made life abit easier. but ive got a fair few pdf's and other documents on my phone which I'd like transferring over.

is the easiest methiod just saving things on a pc, then transferring it back to the new phone?
EN1GMA35 m ago

what methods do people use to transfer things like pdf's from one android …what methods do people use to transfer things like pdf's from one android phone to another. I find the changing phones from android to android is very clunky. I know things like contacts, photos can be saved to the cloud so that's made life abit easier. but ive got a fair few pdf's and other documents on my phone which I'd like transferring over. is the easiest methiod just saving things on a pc, then transferring it back to the new phone?

Personally I save all mine to Google Drive, so they sync across all devices and platforms.Also Microsoft Sharepoint.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 30th Oct 2017
cecilmcroberts7 m ago

Personally I save all mine to Google Drive, so they sync across all …Personally I save all mine to Google Drive, so they sync across all devices and platforms.Also Microsoft Sharepoint.

Good idea. Might have to create a 'phone documents' folder on gdrive so anything I want on the phone is saved to that folder. Thanks for the tip.
EN1GMA37 m ago

Good idea. Might have to create a 'phone documents' folder on gdrive so …Good idea. Might have to create a 'phone documents' folder on gdrive so anything I want on the phone is saved to that folder. Thanks for the tip.

SharePoint is good also for excel and word docs, easy permissions levels, two people can edit in browser at same time, track changes notifications, workflows can be created also etc. Easy permissions for who to share with or create one off link etc. Can also create mini site very easily.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions