Redmi Note 4 vs Note 4 Pro

Found 2nd May 2017
Hi
Whats the main difference between the Redmi Note 4 and the Pro version. I heard that the pro has a better camera. Has anyone bought the Pro? Can you recommend a site to buy from.
Thanks
Community Updates
AskNote 4
9 Comments
I would go for the pro better In the long run
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two phones only thing I can tell is the note 4pro is 5in & the Redmi note 4 is 5.5in?
Global 32/3gb Snapdragon note 4 is the one to go for excellent value for money and the camera is decent ,wouldn't bother with the mediatek version gets quite warm
what about the note 4x international with band 20? I'm very confused over the redmi range line up!!
Me2
Officially there is no 'Pro' version of RN4 so what sellers are calling that, will vary. Geekbuying Redmi Note 4 Pro for example is the 3/64GB version of the original Mediatek Note 4, whereas for other sites, the Redmi Note 4 Pro is the Snapdragon Redmi Note 4. For Aliexpress sellers it seems Redmi Note 4 Pro = 64GB Mediatek model, but again it's unofficial naming. It was the same for the Redmi Note 3. Officially there was never a "Pro" version of that either, but the RN3 Pro is widely accepted to refer to the Snapdragon RN3, hence why some sites call the RN4 Snapdragon, the RN4 Pro.

Spec comparison of Snapdragon and Mediatek here. MTK has full metal body with antenna lines. The SD has metal body with top/bottom plastic caps, like RN3. Some other slight differences too. As for camera, there'll be no clear cut answer to which is better and you may find conflicting info. In terms of benchmarks Snapdragon 625 is a weaker processor so some view it as a downgrade. However, it's a more efficient processor which means more battery life and it will be supported longer. For the Redmi Note 3, the original MTK is still Lollipop, whereas the RN3 SD got Marshmallow update. Currently there is an official Nougat Beta for the Snapdragon RN4, which the original RN4 MTK is unlikely to get. So if by 'RN4 Pro', you mean the Mediatek 64GB, I'd suggest the RN4 SD instead. It has a 'Global Version' with B20 support and it also has a 4/64GB version like the Mediatek.
Edited by: "dreadzone101" 2nd May 2017
fluff45

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two phones only thing I … Can anyone tell me the difference between these two phones only thing I can tell is the note 4pro is 5in & the Redmi note 4 is 5.5in?

peterszy

what about the note 4x international with band 20? I'm very confused over … what about the note 4x international with band 20? I'm very confused over the redmi range line up!!

The 5" is called Redmi 4 Pro (not Note). It is essentially a 5" version of the 5.5" Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon. The band 20 version is the Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon 'Global Version'. The Chinese counterpart of the Snapdragon variant is the Redmi Note 4X. Click here for table of differences
So basically get the Redmi note 4 global Version it'll wot on all networks over here?
fluff45

So basically get the Redmi note 4 global Version it'll wot on all … So basically get the Redmi note 4 global Version it'll wot on all networks over here?

Yeah, 'Global Version' has B20 so it'll have full support on all UK networks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants