Reduce Sky bill by 50%

Posted 19th MarEdited by:"Tom_Riddle95"
3424608.jpgHi all

just thought I’d share that I managed to reduce my sky bill from £160 a month to £80.

we removed Sports as this is now useless For the foreseeable and also got Netflix chucked in which will save around £10 a month.

in these very troubling times it’s worth a call as every £ counts right now
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
£80 a month and no sports or Netflix.

What are you paying for?? That's very expensive.
20 Comments
Hey do you have a number to call for upgrades etc,

Every number I go through just spend about 20misn speaking to a robot and getting frustrated haha
wow on the original price and wow on your new one.

Jonah0619/03/2020 13:44

Hey do you have a number to call for upgrades etc, Every number I go …Hey do you have a number to call for upgrades etc, Every number I go through just spend about 20misn speaking to a robot and getting frustrated haha

find the 75% off thread in misc it should have the latest numbers and also the most recent best deals people are getting, sadly the 75% off is long gone.
So you were paying £80 a month for Sky sports and Netflix?
£80 a month and no sports or Netflix.

What are you paying for?? That's very expensive.
that is ridiculous money you are being charged

sorry I shouldn’t laugh, but ridiculous money
£160 a month wow, one born every minute.
It was for an all in sky q package. Two mini boxes Broadband , phone and Netflix. Oh and I also forgot to mention that £30 a month of that is for a mobile phone contract

After looking around for that sort of package Minus the mobile that’s pretty standard for non new customers.

cant complain at 50% off.
So you made a post to tell people how you were getting very very badly ripped off and now how your still getting ripped off ?
Seriously for £80 you should have sports, movies the lot 🤪
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 19th Mar
Mark_Hickman19/03/2020 16:09

So you made a post to tell people how you were getting very very badly …So you made a post to tell people how you were getting very very badly ripped off and now how your still getting ripped off ?Seriously for £80 ypu shpuld have sports, movies the lot 🤪

As I said. It’s a fully stocked package. 2 mini boxes , sky cinema , fibre broadband, a mobile phone contract.

we've removed sports for now due to it being useless.

Minus the iPhone contract it’s effectively £50 for a no expenses spared package minus sports
Tom_Riddle9519/03/2020 15:59

It was for an all in sky q package. Two mini boxes Broadband , phone and …It was for an all in sky q package. Two mini boxes Broadband , phone and Netflix. Oh and I also forgot to mention that £30 a month of that is for a mobile phone contract After looking around for that sort of package Minus the mobile that’s pretty standard for non new customers. cant complain at 50% off.

Was on £11pm Ents, £1 kids, HD and boxsets running til Dec 2020. Unwilling to pay their new from April prices I left penalty free in February. Here's my current comeback offer

40139872-wWxAn.jpg
Still have 4 mobiles with them on £3 each for 3gb of data and 256gb in the piggy bank. So £12 a month

Even factoring in £27 for fibre
And £14 multiscreen

They are taking you for a ride.
Tom_Riddle9519/03/2020 16:13

As I said. It’s a fully stocked package. 2 mini boxes , sky cinema , fibre …As I said. It’s a fully stocked package. 2 mini boxes , sky cinema , fibre broadband, a mobile phone contract.we've removed sports for now due to it being useless. Minus the iPhone contract it’s effectively £50 for a no expenses spared package minus sports

Fair enough but then your saying you were paying £60 for sports and netflix or am i missing something ?
I just join as a new customer every year switching between me and my partner, get £100 cashback from quidco and get a decent price
40139984-uVoTf.jpg
honestly It’s rather confusing . That’s the package
£160 a month was a huge rip off and half of that is still expensive.

For example we pay for full skyq experience and have 3 mini boxes. £42.50

Virgin Media BB 350mbps + land line is £38 a month

Netflix Premium via Turkey £5ish a month

EE mobile sim only 18GB data unlimited calls and text £10 a month
Edited by: "bally12345" 19th Mar
Tom_Riddle9519/03/2020 16:32

[Image] honestly It’s rather confusing . That’s the package

So £83.50 + a £30 phone contract?

Still seems very expensive.

Personally I don't watch enough Sky Channels to make it worth while having them.

NowTV have just given me 6 months free Entertainment and 4 months kids for £3.99 so alongside a FreeSat PVR I see no real difference.

Use Netflix and Amazon via Firestick and have the same set up on 3 TVs throughout the house with Roku and Xbox lending a helping hand for Now connectivity.

Looking at your 18 month contract and including your mobile plan you're paying £2000+ during your minimum term.

You happy to pay that?
Loool £160, that’s a mortgage up north.
£80 a month on sky... I hope your not hoping to get a mortgage break off the government or financial assistance through this pandemic because you need financially shooting! that is ridiculous -
I once let my Sky bill get to £90 monthly through a lack of concentration. I paid £90 per month for about 6 months.

I have always been ashamed of that and have never admitted it till now. I feel I can admit it, as you've been spanked for nearly double that.

You live. You learn. It does take a lot of practice to work a good deal. You will get there one day, I am sure. 50% off standard isn't terrible.
bally1234519/03/2020 16:56

£160 a month was a huge rip off and half of that is still expensive.For …£160 a month was a huge rip off and half of that is still expensive.For example we pay for full skyq experience and have 3 mini boxes. £42.50Virgin Media BB 350mbps + land line is £38 a monthNetflix Premium via Turkey £5ish a monthEE mobile sim only 18GB data unlimited calls and text £10 a month

But you’re paying £95 ? How is £80 a rip off lol
Can always count on a hukd thread to cheer me up
Tom_Riddle9520/03/2020 06:52

But you’re paying £95 ? How is £80 a rip off lol

Around £80 for all services is about right but what I'm trying to say you can go a lot further with £80 a month if you shop around and the fact you been paying double that for god knows how long is shocking IMHO.

We have 350mbps broadband which hella of lot faster than what sky can provide if I went on the cheapest broadband virgin offer it would be £22 and it would still be faster than sky.

Also get 18gb data on my sim only plan but could drop it down to £6 a month for 10gb.

Netflix Premium gives us 5 users and UHD
Edited by: "bally12345" 20th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants