Reduce your BE broadband fee - just raise a ticket!

Found 27th Mar 2009
Just have my BE Ulimited package reduced to £12 from £17.50 (-31%).

I raised a ticket asking for price match to O2 BB and within 3 hours they offered to reduce my monthly fee to £12 , without changing my package/contract.

Thumbs up BE!!!

p/s: Do not vote cold just because there is cheaper BB elsewhere - this is for existing BE member who wish to stay with BE.

29 Comments

Just gave it ago will let you know cheers

Great idea - I'd often thought about the same thing, but never got round to trying it. I have now...

I wonder also, if those of us who are O2 phone customers might also get another fiver or so off for that.

I'll see what they say to the first question before pressing on with the second.:thumbsup:

Just phoned me up and dropped it down to £12.00 dead easy lol still no contract and unlimited

cheers matey

Original Poster

adey100;4756809

Just phoned me up and dropped it down to £12.00 dead easy lol still no … Just phoned me up and dropped it down to £12.00 dead easy lol still no contract and unlimited cheers matey

Great! Too bad the post has been moved to Misc from Deals otherwise more people will see it.

Add some Rep if you may.

To those that got a price match...
Do you have o2 mobile phones?
Also which package is it price matched against as I cannot see a £12 package offered by o2.

Wondering the same as above also

I'm on the Be value package, think they would upgrade to pro for the same price?

Called their sales hotline, they cant do anything.
They suggested I try cancellations which is open Mon -Fri.
Edit: I'm on Be Value too atm, would like to get unlimited for £12.
Edit2: To those that used the online ticket system, which category did you file it under?

Thanks.

Original Poster

unknownuser;4759004

Called their sales hotline, they cant do anything.They suggested I try … Called their sales hotline, they cant do anything.They suggested I try cancellations which is open Mon -Fri.Edit: I'm on Be Value too atm, would like to get unlimited for £12.Edit2: To those that used the online ticket system, which category did you file it under?Thanks.

Don't call the sale hotline - they can't do anything. Open an ticket under "Other" and tell them you are thinking to move to O2 for
1) Lower fee (if you are on BE Unlimited), or
2) Higher speed (if you are on BE value)

then sit back and see what is their reply. They normally will update the ticket in a couple of hours time (weekday I suppose) and you probably will get a call from them.

I'm not sure if this will work on BE Value as you are tied up in a 12-month contract wheareas Unlimited package is pretty much free-and-easy. However there's no harm in asking.......

Original Poster

unknownuser;4758874

To those that got a price match...Do you have o2 mobile phones?Also which … To those that got a price match...Do you have o2 mobile phones?Also which package is it price matched against as I cannot see a £12 package offered by o2.

They don't actually price match anything, but give you some incentive to stay with them (i.e. subscription discount). You may try your luck pushing for a little more when you have your first offer, quoting the best price you can get from O2.

I'm quite happy with 12pounds given that I can give my termination notice anytime, as opposed to a 12-month contract with O2.

Thanks for your reply i'll give it a try.

Original Poster

BTW, now in my account page it actually shows "Promotion Name: Home£12save".

Therefore they probably have this as a standard incentive to keep existing customer - so just ask them....... nicely!

Banned

Hey... thats good news... Will do the same!

Would you still on the Be Pro package or would you get downgraded to Be value?

Will rep if this works!

Thanks, they've lowered my bill to £10 per month.

Thanks OP, rep left

sancho1983;4771461

Thanks, they've lowered my bill to £10 per month.Thanks OP, rep left

They've reduced my existing package (think it was £17.50) to £12 per month from the next billing date - rep to the OP for a £60 a year saving!

Sancho1983 - what package are you on for £10 a month? i.e. did you get a bigger discount, and, if so, how? Ta muchly in advance.

Fantastic and many thinks.

Has anyone tried this with Be Pro?

Deal Searcher;5037042

Has anyone tried this with Be Pro?

Haven't tried pro but it does work for the other 2 packages.

Just submitted a ticket two days ago.

I have recently found out that O2 are able to offer me broadband too. I … I have recently found out that O2 are able to offer me broadband too. I am a monile customer with O2 and so I will get a greater speed (their unlimited service - 20mb+) for the a lower price. I wondered if BE would be interested in providing a faster service for a lower price to entice me to stay.

And their reply:

Thank you for contacting BeWe are sorry to hear that you want to cancel … Thank you for contacting BeWe are sorry to hear that you want to cancel your service.We can arrange a special offer for you if you decide to stay with Be*. We are able to give you our 24 megs package(BE Unlimited)for 12 pounds a month.This will upgrade the speed of your package.

Original Poster

More BE users should see this.

Just raised a ticket with Be.... am awaiting their reply with bated breath.
Rep for the OP is pending, depending on what they say

Edit...

Here's the reply from Be

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you consider leaving us.

That is why we would like to offer you to reduce the monthly fee to only 12 pounds per month, without changing your download/upload speed.

Please update us if you would like to take this special offer.

Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Kind regards,
Nessy/Be team

Yay, nice one OP. Repped.
TOP MAN!

And it's already gone through..

We are glad to inform you, that as per your request, we have successfully changed the monthly fee for your account to 12 pounds per month. You can now continue using our broadband service. We hope that this special offer will satisfy your expectations and will keep you as our loyal member in the future. If you need some further information or help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for being with us. Kind Regards, Nessy/Be team

I have also just done this im now paying £12 a month.

Nice work original poster rep added.

I did this a few months ago, all credit to the OP.

Original Poster

Worth a bump for those who may benefit from this.

Brilliant, just found this thread and I called them up on their cancellations line and they offered me the £12 package straight away. Rep to the OP!

Thanks very much , just did it myself too

I got my Be Value reduced from £13.50 to £6.75 for 12months, although i was in contract terms and still had 9months left!

Hmm I might try this if I go from O2 to Be since I dont want to be tied into a 12 month contract.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. iPhone 7 or 834
    2. Compensation from an 02 refresh default22
    3. Have you been to Nandos?59
    4. Buying digital codes off another person11

See more discussions