Groups

redundant and signing on help

of to the job center tomorrow as ive just been made redundant and need to sign on for the first time in my life.
    Do i need to take any thing with me as i dont want to have to make two journeys any one got any advice also will they be able to help me or tell me where to go for council tax reduction and possibly rent payments.
    hopefully only have to sign on for a short period as i hate not working.
    any advice would be much appreciated many thanks

25 Comments

You can complete your claim online and get they will then give you an appointment to go in to the benefits office to finalise it. Saves a lot of hassle.

You'll also need a copy of your bank statement and any savings account etc. 15mins and it will be all over. It will prob be the 1hr wait in the sitting area that will hack you off though....

went through this myself a couple of years ago.

Banned

i done it for the first time 2 weeks ago you should ring them they need to make you an apoint and send you out forms to fill in

no do it over the phone instead! its quicker and much easier

yer they will sort out your rent and council tax for you m8

Dont go there you will only be given a number to ring

Don't go in,i went in with a mate last week,all they do is give you s telephone number to ring,apparently you make the initial claim over the phone and they make you an appointment to go in a week or so later

as the above, ring or go online, my son was layed off and was just given a number to ring when he went to the job centre.
    PS. hope you find something soon http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a025.gif
    Edited by: "bitseylango" 19th Sep 2010

Good luck anyway.

Banned

Plenty of experts on this forum OP, good luck.

Good luck mate, could be faced with it myself soon. Benefits are minimal.

What line of work have you been made redundant from?

Unless you want paying in $$ it's a Jobcentre

Good luck

Original Poster

BlackCloud

Good luck mate, could be faced with it myself soon. Benefits are … Good luck mate, could be faced with it myself soon. Benefits are minimal.What line of work have you been made redundant from?

manufacturing

Original Poster

Thankyou every one for your kind comments

Banned

boothy

Don't go in,i went in with a mate last week,all they do is give you s … Don't go in,i went in with a mate last week,all they do is give you s telephone number to ring,apparently you make the initial claim over the phone and they make you an appointment to go in a week or so later

http://www.heavingdeadcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/funny-dog-pictures-skeptical-dog-does-not-believe-you.jpg
    vibeone

Plenty of experts on this forum OP, good luck.

lolled

Banned

Good luck!

Banned

contact your council for a council tax benefit form and they will post one to you (JSA claim has to be approved before they grant it but will be backdated).

See the council for housing benefit too.

If you are married or living with a partner who works then forget about any extra benefits like council tax benefit or help with rent, oh and they stop paying your job seekers allowance after 6 months.

Carley

If you are married or living with a partner who works then forget about … If you are married or living with a partner who works then forget about any extra benefits like council tax benefit or help with rent, oh and they stop paying your job seekers allowance after 6 months.

my brother has been on jobseekers for years lol.

Good luck mate. (In before OP is moved to a £1,200,000 house in London)

Banned

Carley

If you are married or living with a partner who works then forget about … If you are married or living with a partner who works then forget about any extra benefits like council tax benefit or help with rent, oh and they stop paying your job seekers allowance after 6 months.

It's great isn't it

nightstud

my brother has been on jobseekers for years lol.

Has he declared that he is living with a working partner? you still get jobseekers after 6 months but all they do is pay the national insurance contributions.

boothy

Don't go in,i went in with a mate last week,all they do is give you s … Don't go in,i went in with a mate last week,all they do is give you s telephone number to ring,apparently you make the initial claim over the phone and they make you an appointment to go in a week or so later

LOL @ 'mate'!!

Original Poster

cw9652

Good luck mate. (In before OP is moved to a £1,200,000 house in London)

wont mind being moved to a 1.2mill house lol but bloodu hope its not london
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…77
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions