Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!

Found 17th Aug 2017
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a MacBook and have been recommend a referbed place online... does this sound like a good deal....

Price: £620
Model: MacBook Pro 13″ 2.3Ghz Intel i5

Spec:
13″ MacBook Pro Intell Core i5 2.3Ghz
8Gb RAM, 320Gb Hard Drive
Airport and BlueTooth
Thunderbolt
SuperDrive

Product detail:
These MacBook Pro 2.3 13-Inch Early 2011 features a 32 nm “Sandy Bridge” 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600) installed in pairs (two 4 GB modules), a 320 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL “SuperDrive”, an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor that shares 384 MB of memory with the system, an integrated FaceTime HD webcam, and an LED-backlit 13.3″ widescreen TFT active-matrix “glossy” display (1280×800 native resolution).

Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, a Firewire 800 port, two USB 2.0 ports, audio in/out, an SDXC card slot, and a new “Thunderbolt” port that is backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, likewise, supports an external display at 2560×1600 and passes an audio signal. Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.

These models use a Unibody aluminum case design and has a backlit keyboard, a “no button” glass “inertial” multi-touch trackpad, and a non-swappable battery design.

Product Condition

These MacBook Pros are pre-used units and in good condition with only minor cosmetic marks on the outer casing.

Any thoughts? :-)
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Poor price for a 6 year old laptop. You can pick 2-3 year old ones up for that same price
Lol that's way too expensive for its age.
I was selling mine, the 2016 13 inches model on eBay for 1K and I got offers of 750-800 (refused) so definitely you can pick up something much more recent for that money you would be spending on that.
A 2011 model should be a lot cheaper.

My buyer didn't pay grrrr so I will try selling it when another promotion on fees comes up.
Edited by: "hearts22" 18th Aug 2017
Apple's PCs are massively overpriced second hand. They're fairly competative with other high end models new but I wouldn't touch older ones with a bargepole unless Mac OS is essential.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants