refresh 02 deal

02 contract, hi everyone my question is if I took out a refresh iPhone SE contract but paid it outright the next day and cancelled the airtime will o2 let me take out another contract 8 months later to actually stay on the full 24 months contract with a different phone? Or am I better of just buying the phone outright and getting a sim only deal?

7 Comments

They did with me ... however I did notice my credit score grade went from 5/5 to 4.5/5 for a couple of months after the second contract was taken out and paid off. Something to think about if you are about to apply for a mortgage / loan etc.

May not have had anything to do with O2, however that is the only additional thing that was on my credit file!

Original Poster

Did your credit score go back up to 5/5 after the couple of months?

I took out 3 refresh deals, paying off in full for each, all within 2 weeks.

No affect on my credit rating at all.

Each new refresh contract is two new credit requests... Personally i dont care but would not do this as above if you need a mortgage or loan soon.

Paying everything off straight away shouldn't actually affect your credit score negatively but it should be a positive indicator.
Must have been something else at play.

No affect to my score anyway.

Edited by: "simba2585" 8th May

simba2585

Paying everything off straight away shouldn't actually affect your credit … Paying everything off straight away shouldn't actually affect your credit score negatively but it should be a positive indicator. Must have been something else at play. No affect to my score anyway.

​Always thought this too-shows you can repay any loan on time.

Thefiver

Did your credit score go back up to 5/5 after the couple of months?

Yes it did ... just saying it is something to consider should you be remortgaging in the near future. Of course there will be people where it has no impact to their score, equally there will be people who couldn't get the best rates on a mortgage because their credit file has 4 searches performed by o2 in quick succession. If I hadn't checked my credit report across these months, I would have assumed that it had no impact!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions