Refresh rate???? Medion TFT MD30917 monitor/ windows xp and Nvidia Geforce 4 card

3 replies
Found 9th Jan 2008
I have a Medion md 30717pn s14 monitor and a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440-SE graphics card on Windows xp
it seems as if when I ask the pc to do too much that the monitor cant cope and I get a black screen while it thinks about what its doing. Does anyone know what might cause this? I set the refresh rate as per the instruction booklet from the Medion site but it still does it. Can anyone give me any ideas what might solve this problem? Many thanks

3 Comments

First thought would be over heating. Try taking the case off and doing the same thing to see if thats causing the problem.

If the monitor is powered by the base unit try poweing it by the mains as it may be a low powered PSU thats causing the problems.

Can't recall if this card has a fan or not. If it has. is the fan still working ?

Original Poster

think the fan is working. power comes straight from the mains. Cant find out if its a compatibilty problem with windows etc. does anyone know??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45
    2. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44
    3. printing pictures22
    4. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1318

See more discussions