Refund email after confirmed dispatch

Found 23rd Jan 2014
Hello everyone. Yesterday I was looking for an item online that has been discontinued, I found the item on amazon marketplace but wanted to keep looking for somewhere cheaper. I then came across the website of the people who where selling it through amazon, it was half the price through the website but was out of stock so I emailed the website to ask if they would be restocking (I hadn't properly thought about the fact it was discontinued at the time). I received an email the same day to say they only had one left and that I should get it from amazon ASAP, it was too expensive elsewhere so I went ahead and ordered it. This morning about 9am I received an email confirming dispatch so I thought great and went about my day. I then ordered two other items directly from their website and got an email confirming dispatch at 3pm but this evening at half past 5 I received another email confirming a refund for the item through amazon and that there was no stock. My question is has this happened to anyone else? Can they confirm dispatch then turn round 8 hours later (after having to go through their stock again to find my other items) to say sorry we never actually had it in stock?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
It could be they realised it was faulty as they were packaging. I wouldn't think too deeply.
This happened with me just after Christmas ordered fitflop boots at a reduced price, then got an email saying item was dispatched. I then received email saying that item was oos and would be given a refund. I complained to the seller who offered me a 20% discount of the same boots that were back at the higher price so they weren't out of stock. The firm was cloggs and I Will not be ordering from them again .
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants