Refund from matalan not showing as refunded in paypak

Found 6th Sep 2015
So i paid for an order via paypal for some items on matalan. I returned the items i didnt want using the receipt in store. The woman at the till said it was all done and just signed and dated it saying refunded on the original receipt i wasnt given a new one. The awkward sale assistant just said its done and would take 3 to 5 days in my account even though im pretty sure paypal is an instant method of payment.i maybe wrong. Been 24 hours so far and no balance or email yet.

Ive not had any email from paypal and the balance is not showing in my account. Ive phoned paypal and they are saying there is no refund due. What should i do...should i open a case and what chances are there i will get my money back or should i go back in store and explain it to the non helpful staff...the matalan i returned to is not in my own city as im away and will be returning home today.
Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I got a set of drawers from asda direct though paypal took them bk to an asda store jst and it took a week near to show on my PayPal it was refunded
tracynew

I got a set of drawers from asda direct though paypal took them bk to an … I got a set of drawers from asda direct though paypal took them bk to an asda store jst and it took a week near to show on my PayPal it was refunded

Did u get any sort of email from paypal or asda to say youve returned?
Without wanting to be one for stating the obvious, you were told the refund would take up to 5 days to show and it's only been 1 day so far.......
It'll go back into your bank account.
Canary0500

Without wanting to be one for stating the obvious, you were told the … Without wanting to be one for stating the obvious, you were told the refund would take up to 5 days to show and it's only been 1 day so far.......

I get that but paypal is usually straight away from what ive experienced when buying or when selling.
Refunds always take longer then paying for something. I'd wait a few days first.
alison197

Refunds always take longer then paying for something. I'd wait a few days … Refunds always take longer then paying for something. I'd wait a few days first.

True...im heading back home and wasnt sure wether it was worth going back to the store...might just leave it be
I did exactly the same yesterday. PayPal sent an e-mail a few hours later to say that the payment scheduled to be made to Matalan has been cancelled. As such not a refund, as the payment had not actually been made. I would expect PayPal to have dealt with the refund/cancellation within 48 hours. If not, check with Matalan first.
Resali

I did exactly the same yesterday. PayPal sent an e-mail a few hours later … I did exactly the same yesterday. PayPal sent an e-mail a few hours later to say that the payment scheduled to be made to Matalan has been cancelled. As such not a refund, as the payment had not actually been made. I would expect PayPal to have dealt with the refund/cancellation within 48 hours. If not, check with Matalan first.

Matalan have told me to contact the store as they will have an idea of the transaction. And paypal are saying no such refund is showing yet. Tbh the sales rep wasnt the most helpful she just said i dont know how paypal works
samzam

Matalan have told me to contact the store as they will have an idea of … Matalan have told me to contact the store as they will have an idea of the transaction. And paypal are saying no such refund is showing yet. Tbh the sales rep wasnt the most helpful she just said i dont know how paypal works

Ive not had any email from anyone yet
I would clarify with them how returns to store with paypal work. Where I work only a few stores can do PayPal refunds but the majority don't so the stores simply accept the goods back to send them to the returns centre on your behalf, so a refund is not issued until it's processed at the returns centre. So it's best to clarify if they refund at point of return or if they return to their warehouse.
littlepinkstarz

I would clarify with them how returns to store with paypal work. Where I … I would clarify with them how returns to store with paypal work. Where I work only a few stores can do PayPal refunds but the majority don't so the stores simply accept the goods back to send them to the returns centre on your behalf, so a refund is not issued until it's processed at the returns centre. So it's best to clarify if they refund at point of return or if they return to their warehouse.

Ok thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants