refund off royal mail for damaged goods?

5 replies
Found 24th Jan 2010
hi ive sent some baby monitors, and buyer has recived them but they are broken, how long will it take to get a compo claim and get refunded? any help please as havent a clu what to do ,x

5 Comments

How were they sent? Recorded, Special Delivery etc?

You get 100 x first class stamps in max value if not special delivery, where as Special Delivery you get bands with proof of cost of item

Here's a few helpful links for you :thumbsup:

Claim Form
[url]ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Inland_P58_form_English_09.pdf[/url]

Process
royalmail.com/por…735

Compensation Table
royalmail.com/por…743

Compensation Policy
royalmail.com/por…739

Original Poster

ahhh tahnks, i sent is sp, cost 7.19, will take a look in to all these now thanks,x

Banned

how did it get damaged, di you not send it protected

Banned

takes around 3 months to get any money out of RM from my three experiences. Expect to have to ring them a good few times too and always photocopy receipts etc before sending them as you can bet they will lose your claim details at least once!

Original Poster

well yea i paked it up in the box i recived it in, with the white polystyrine stuff, but arrived not workin so couldnt have, althought buyer did say looked as thou damage had happened in post as box was bit damaged, ahhh great long wait then,x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions