Refund on Credit Card help

Found 20th Dec 2017
Just been refunded the money for the cancelled Peter Kay tour I bought for me and family. Just wondering how I get the money off my credit card and back in to my current? Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
AskFinance & Insurance
Top comments
Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your current account. That's what I do with Lloyds when my CC has a positive balance after a refund. Last time I asked, they said I would have to call through as there is no way to transfer the balance online. Other than that, you can leave the balance on there for when you make a purchase next time
10 Comments
Just transfer from your credit card to your bank card online
It gets refunded to the card you bought it with , that's the way it works . Had you bought it with your debit card it would have been refunded to that .
ding2 m ago

Just transfer from your credit card to your bank card online

That will be classed as a cash advance .
I'm not sure you can. You just pay less next month, assuming you are still spending on the card.
Yeah I don’t normally spend on my credit card unless it’s holidays or a big purchase as I hear you have better protection.
You need to use the credit card and make the same or just more money in purchases....think of it as already being paid by the refund so just spend small amount like you would a debit card

Once the monthly statement is paid some credit card companies will through them refund you to your bank account IF you paid off all your bills already
Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your current account. That's what I do with Lloyds when my CC has a positive balance after a refund. Last time I asked, they said I would have to call through as there is no way to transfer the balance online. Other than that, you can leave the balance on there for when you make a purchase next time
thenormalone9 m ago

Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your …Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your current account. That's what I do with Lloyds when my CC has a positive balance after a refund. Last time I asked, they said I would have to call through as there is no way to transfer the balance online. Other than that, you can leave the balance on there for when you make a purchase next time

They only do that if you're fully paid up... and at the end of the month..otherwise they would refuse as it would technically be a cash advance
Everyone spends money just spend it and pay off however much you need to in full
This is really useful as I’m with Lloyd’s for banking and have my CC with them. I’ll pop in store and speak to them. Thank you everybody, really appreciate your help
thenormalone9 h, 34 m ago

Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your …Ring your card company and they'll transfer the balance over to your current account. That's what I do with Lloyds when my CC has a positive balance after a refund. Last time I asked, they said I would have to call through as there is no way to transfer the balance online. Other than that, you can leave the balance on there for when you make a purchase next time

Called up customer services and it was sorted within a matter of minutes. Thank you again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants