Expired

Refund on old debit card after switching banks

Found 29th Nov 2015
I recently switched bank accounts from nationwide to tsb. I have just had a refund processed on my old card by Amazon for my old bank account. Will this refund get directed to my new bank accout automatically?
Community Updates
AskCard
4 Comments
Not likely - especially if you're account is now closed! If you'd had a new card issued by the same bank it would be fine.

Contact amazon and ask, chances are the refund got rejected by your old Bank, ask for it on your new card or as credit to your Amazon account? Some companies can get funny about refunding to different cards
njpugh90

Not likely - especially if you're account is now closed! If you'd had a … Not likely - especially if you're account is now closed! If you'd had a new card issued by the same bank it would be fine. Contact amazon and ask, chances are the refund got rejected by your old Bank, ask for it on your new card or as credit to your Amazon account? Some companies can get funny about refunding to different cards

All credits are transferred for 36 months after closure automatically

Details in the switching guarantee agreement
Edited by: "chocci" 29th Nov 2015
Yes it will be fine - Nationwide are included in the list of 41 banks and building societies that are listed in the current account switch service, under the guarantee: "Any payments accidentally made to your old account will be redirected to your new account for 36 months, so there's no need to worry about missing payments"

Details can be found here -this is for all participative banks & building societies:

simplerworld.co.uk/Pag…spx

Thanks for all the replies! I'll keep an eye out for the refund in my new account.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants