refunds on ebay

Found 11th Sep 2011
I recently purchased a top off ebay, of which turned out to be fake. I showed the seller the evidence to support this, and he has agreed to refund me, apon me returning the good. Is there an official step the seller has to take, such as an action on ebay which will register that I will officially get a refund when a tracking code is supplied? I dont want to just send it and not get refunded.
Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
You cannot send fake items through royal mail. Keep it.

You show paypal the evidence and THEY will refund you.

Then leave the seller a negative.
what was the item??
JaYy_dOg

what was the item??

A top....
this happened me in may and im almost £100 out of pocket make sure you open a dispute on the item within 40 days
and go from there i didnt know to do this and sent the item back as the seller agreed to a full refund.I still havnt been refunded and as i didnt open a dispute within the timeframe they wouldnt help me at all but the trader is still trading
thanks for the advice.
As i have opened a case on ebay paypal wont let me open a disoute via them. So what do i do :s ?
Word of advise day your only return if sent postage back or you're lose out and say you want a FULL refund (Price of item + P&P) or you could easilly lose out on money.
Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return it you are also breaking the law. Paypal/ebay will refund and tell you to destroy the top. So in the dispute leave a message for ebay saying the seller is trying to get you to commit a criminal offence by posting it.
batteries too, great for getting lots of fake nokia batteries for free,
lumoruk

batteries too, great for getting lots of fake nokia batteries for free,

Fake batteries's o_0
DangerGod

harlzter

Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return … Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return it you are also breaking the law.

Is that true?
They don't have counterfeit goods on their restricted and prohibited list
www2.royalmail.com/des…ods
DangerGod

harlzter

Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return … Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return it you are also breaking the law.

You may be right as they aren't on the list, neither are bombs and guns, I'll get that 12 bore parcelled up now.
DangerGod

harlzter

Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you … Its illegal to send counterfeit items through the post, so if you return it you are also breaking the law.

Weapons and ammunition (e.g. handguns, shotguns, pistols, flick knives, … Weapons and ammunition (e.g. handguns, shotguns, pistols, flick knives, pepper sprays) Although, weapons if intended for sporting purposes may be sent as long as accompanied by appropriate documentation required by law (e.g. a DTI Export Licence) and provided that importation is not prohibited by the destination country.

um

harlzter

You may be right as they aren't on the list, neither are bombs and guns, … You may be right as they aren't on the list, neither are bombs and guns, I'll get that 12 bore parcelled up now.

Funny I saw the items you mention on the list. Please tell me the statute that prevents you sending
counterfeit items through the post, I could do with a laugh !
this haapened to me a few weeks ago, i bought an abbercrombie and fitch top only to find once received that it was fake, i emailed the seller immediately, he argued that it isnt fake but agreed to refund upon me sending it back.... now i did some reseacrh on the web and read all of the above that its illegal to post counterfeit items through the post, so i wrote back the seller with this info, but he was adamant i return item if i want refund and he also refused to cover postage to return. i opened a dispute with ebay, but ebay sided with seller and wrote back that i had to send the top back and seller will refund it minus the return postage, so at the end that is what i had to do....

so unfortunately you will have to send it back because ebay will side with the seller and you will also have to cover return postage, but then again you might get a seller who has a conscience and gives you a full refund plus return postage!
good luck
Are folks here unable to read? Email eBay stating the goods are fake with proof and they will side with you
dimebars

Are folks here unable to read? Email eBay stating the goods are fake with … Are folks here unable to read? Email eBay stating the goods are fake with proof and they will side with you

read what?
the buyer will still have to return them, and proof in ebays view will be an official letter confirming (after inspection) that the goods are fake.
Don't know what proof the OP has but i'll bet its not that.

Can someone claiming its illegal to send counterfiet items through the post please supply a link as I used to think that but can't find anything at all to back the view up.
Could someone tell me how i can get ebay to officially register he has given me instructions to return te item? Where i can provide a tracking id etc
colinsunderland

Can someone claiming its illegal to send counterfiet items through the … Can someone claiming its illegal to send counterfiet items through the post please supply a link as I used to think that but can't find anything at all to back the view up.

Royal mail's terms and conditions;
"Any other item banned by law or that in our opinion may be harmful or dangerous to our employees;"

What a counterfeit item is;
direct.gov.uk/en/…549

Piracy is banned by law
lumoruk

Royal mail's terms and conditions;"Any other item banned by law or that … Royal mail's terms and conditions;"Any other item banned by law or that in our opinion may be harmful or dangerous to our employees;"What a counterfeit item is;http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Yourconsumerrightswhenbuyinggoodsandservices/DG_194549Piracy is banned by law

It is not against the law to possess or send someone a counterfeit top it is only an offence to basically sell it in a course of trade or business. Amazing how many legal wannabes are out there!
lumoruk

Royal mail's terms and conditions;"Any other item banned by law or that … Royal mail's terms and conditions;"Any other item banned by law or that in our opinion may be harmful or dangerous to our employees;"What a counterfeit item is;http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Yourconsumerrightswhenbuyinggoodsandservices/DG_194549Piracy is banned by law

thanks, but even if it were a banned by law item (which I'm not sure it is) thats just royal mails terms and conditions. I meant a link saying its illegal like people are saying.
colinsunderland

Can someone claiming its illegal to send counterfiet items through the … Can someone claiming its illegal to send counterfiet items through the post please supply a link as I used to think that but can't find anything at all to back the view up.

its stumped me aswell. cant find a mention of it anywhere, seems like an internet myth that has spread and caught on. the only thing i did find is that trading standards can destroy the item and give you a receipt which you then show ebay/paypal for a refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions