Refurb my Golf Alloys or buy new ?

Found 18th Jul
Hey, I am a bit torn on this as I have been quoted £85.00 for a proper blast, any colour baked ect per wheel. I know you can buy wolfrace and brands like that for £400.00 and they look good. I cant afford BBS or Oz Racing at £550+

Whats your thoughts, I dont want boy racer type alloys, something classy, but at nearly 400,00 for like new VW Golf MK6 alloys with 12 month warranty or buy after market stuff for around £400.00
Whats your thoughts, I have never bought alloys before so do not even know if the likes of wolfrace are any good. (Light and strong ect)
Thanks all
Community Updates
AskFitness & Running
Top comments
Just remember changing your alloys for non standard is often classed as a modification and can invalidate your insurance unless you let them know you are doing it. It may increase your premium too.
6 Comments
I’ll be getting my golf wheels done, was expecting to pay about £70 a wheel
Just remember changing your alloys for non standard is often classed as a modification and can invalidate your insurance unless you let them know you are doing it. It may increase your premium too.
Very true, this is a proper job, this guy is known to all insurance companies and my mate uses him for accident jobs.

Takes everything off, lending me wheels while he does mine, all balanced ect.

Maybe do the same colour as my car, gunmetal grey, or a tad darker.

Dont trust anyone else in my area, they got crap website, half did not pick up, and some just had very poor phone skills.

I know the manufacture produces very good alloys, so maybe trading it for wolfrace may not be the best idea
deleted1132166
Make sure your she's are originals. Heated blasted replica alloys can crack
Yeah they are 100% real, well I think so anyway as they are exactly the ones on all MK6 Match.
Im sure the guy will tell me when I turn up, will be getting some new tyres as well, might as well make sure everything wheel wise is on point.
My car was bought and they have 4 different tyres, perelli, goodyear ect. so want all matching tyres and balancing so he can put these on as well, will get blackcircles to deliver to my house.
Got a new quote - 240, blasted, powder coat and anthracite colour which is a couple shades darker than my gunmetal grey car. Perfect color.
Wheels balanced and putting my new tyres on. Hell of a lot better than 85+vat from the other guy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants