Refurbished iphone 8 advice

Posted 6th May
Hi
I have just purchased a refurbished iphone 8 described as Excellent condition. The battery health is 88%. The phone itself is all good. Is this battery life acceptable?

may sound silly question but I have never purchased a refurb phone before and wanted to check.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
My iPhone 11 that I purchased last October is on 93% so I’d say 88% for an iPhone 8 is good, though admittedly my charging habits are poor.
yes
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that it’s recommended the battery is changed at 80%.
Edited by: "MrWalle" 6th May
great thank you all.
Yes. It supports peak performance capability.
Relative on what you pay and what your willing to spend...
MrWalle06/05/2020 14:48

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that it’s recommended the battery is changed …I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that it’s recommended the battery is changed at 80%.

A normal battery is designed to retain upto 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions.

You should change it when it is best for you there is no set level.
That's fair, Probably another year of use before you'll need a battery replacement.
ChelseaRae06/05/2020 14:40

My iPhone 11 that I purchased last October is on 93% so I’d say 88% for an …My iPhone 11 that I purchased last October is on 93% so I’d say 88% for an iPhone 8 is good, though admittedly my charging habits are poor.

For a phone that's only 6 months old, how did you managed that? Constantly charging wirelessly?
madoka_ayukawa07/05/2020 00:59

For a phone that's only 6 months old, how did you managed that? …For a phone that's only 6 months old, how did you managed that? Constantly charging wirelessly?

40665137-1Mb1e.jpgPoor charging habits (letting the battery die and taking it off charge without fully charging it) plus frequent use I assume, it’s now dropped another percent in a day. I don’t use wireless charging though, only the Apple charger in the box.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions