Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

refurbished laptop says activate windows

Posted 21st Apr
I purchased a refurbished laptop from amazon it arrived a few days ago now a sign on the bottom right says activate windows, it is a Huawei, i have emailed huawei for the original activation code, can i use the ones on ebay that are like a £5 if huawei do not get back to me.

It is windows 10.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
You just need to use any Windows 7 or 10 key to activate Windows.

The original supplier won't have Windows keys to give away so if you haven't got a sticker on the laptop with one you'll likely need to buy a key.
Edited by: "emodan" 21st Apr
Check if the PC already has a key, use something like ShowKeyplus click.
Have you tried to activate windows.
If it was a fresh instal it needs to be done.

If it wont activate and seller is not emailng you back contact amazon, ask for refund.
That will get there 4ss in gear.
I_Wish21/04/2020 15:18

Check if the PC already has a key, use something like ShowKeyplus click.

It did have a key

I inputted the key and the response I got was this is not a genuine Microsoft code, strange thst
Sweet, now buy a £5 code from eBay etc.

392769669017 £1.58 WIN 10 Pro , got to be worth the risk.
bigwheels21/04/2020 16:46

Sweet, now buy a £5 code from eBay etc.392769669017 £1.58 WIN 10 Pro , g …Sweet, now buy a £5 code from eBay etc.392769669017 £1.58 WIN 10 Pro , got to be worth the risk.

Many thanks you are a genius.
Edited by: "allowed" 21st Apr
If a computer was running Windows 10, if you download a copy from Microsoft and install using a USB stick etc it will just out activate with the code tied to the motherboard I think. Whatever its tied to it always works for me.
same thing happen to me when i purchased amazon warehouse, so i just did a fresh windows install, it never asked for key when reinstalling and was activated once set up.
Just follow the instructions and activate by phone, sometimes activating by the Internet doesn't work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions