Groups

Refurbished Things

What do you guys think about refurbished things, particurlarly mobile phones, does this mean they are second hand but in pefect working order? would an unopened refurbished phone be better than a used phone at same price? can they still have scratches etc?
    thanks

wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wik…%29
    quote: "Refurbished items are generally thought to be cheap and poorly fixed products."
    is this true?

17 Comments

no not true ive had refurbished phones and laptops and they look brand new

They are usually returned goods for what ever reason could have been faulty not what some body wanted loads of reasons, but they have been fixed or restored to working order but not necessarily new looking could be marked etc but will have some guarantee :thumbsup:

Refurbished should mean that the outer shell is in perfect condition

Original Poster

renown;6544724

could be marked etc

Starr;6544732

hmmm some disagreement here! well I dont mind too much if they have slight wear and tear as long as its not too bad. so generally refurbed is ok then.

Starr;6544732

No dissrespect but that is rubbish the workings should be in perfect order but not the apperace or shell whatever

jknoxville;6544773

hmmm some disagreement here! well I dont mind too much if they have … hmmm some disagreement here! well I dont mind too much if they have slight wear and tear as long as its not too bad. so generally refurbed is ok then.

I havent bought refurbished before so im not 100%

I thought that refurbed was 100% cosmetically fine, ive seen some websites selling cheap goods refurbished i wouldnt count on the same rule though

jknoxville;6544773

hmmm some disagreement here! well I dont mind too much if they have … hmmm some disagreement here! well I dont mind too much if they have slight wear and tear as long as its not too bad. so generally refurbed is ok then.

My comment is the correct one :-D

renown;6544787

No dissrespect but that is rubbish the workings should be in perfect … No dissrespect but that is rubbish the workings should be in perfect order but not the apperace or shell whatever

I have taken disrespect to that comment :viking: :-D

Where i work, the refurbished units we sell are 100% perfect looking, thats where my idea came from but as above, im sure im prob wrong :-(

muffin247;6544720

+1 ive had 3 or 4 phones that were refurbs but all been perfect :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok so refurbed means different things from different people. well i guess as long as its in perfect working order its alright. thanks guys ill rep u in a while

muffin247;6544720

Yes you've been lucky but that is not allways the case

renown;6544936

Yes you've been lucky but that is not allways the case

My brother bought a laptop no marks, I bought a sony walkman no marks.

Met-Cast;6545048

My brother bought a laptop no marks, I bought a sony walkman no marks.

Yes but what i am saying you must not expect it to look perfect if it does its a result comprende :?

depends on the manufacturer.

Apple referbs are indistinguishable from new,and carry the same guarantee

I always now question buying refurbished goods. I've had a set of phones and a baby monitor, and they still have faults - no doubt the same ones that were supposed to be repaired in the 1st place.

There is a reason, often, they are refurbished.

My hubby got a refurbished phone last year, one that would work in the US. ( In the end, the time he bought from another source was a rip-off so we picked up a Virgin phone in Walmart - you live and learn!) It functions perfectly, at a vastly reduced cost compaed to new, but wasn't pristine in appearance.

I think that the retailer generally described the condition, so that you know what you're getting..

I have bought two phones from Orange, both refurbs and both looked and worked as new, I guess the moral of the story is, if you are willing to go for a s/hand you might just as well get the refurb and get some kind of warrantee with it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532116
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions