Groups

Refusing entry to pub because 'your not a student'

Went for a couple of drinks last night to watch the United game in Preston with a few mates. On entry to a pub in the city centre (not even in the student area) we were asked for our student ID's as apparently its 'student night', as we all work full time paying taxes we didnt have student ID's and so the bouncer refused to let us in!
    We had had one pint when trying to get in so wernt drunk and wernt acting aggresively in anyway.
    Are they allowed to do this? I thought a pub was a public house?
    Just wondering because it was quite annoying at the time. Jokingly told the bouncer we were planning on spending a few hundred quid when leaving lol.

16 Comments

A pub can refuse to serve you without even giving a reason.

You were lucky

"management reserve the right to refuse admission" is a sign that most pubs display.

Banned

lol at this

Just count your lucky stars you didn't have to endure 1st years acting like plonkers, gawd i hate freshers week!

harlzter;6450371

"management reserve the right to refuse admission" is a sign that most … "management reserve the right to refuse admission" is a sign that most pubs display.

or ROAR

In Newcastle there's a bar called 'Basement', got talking to one of the bouncers one night cos we were on a society pub crawl and he said that during weekdays they've had to limit it to students only because they were getting trouble from locals coming down after a fight.

You can imagine little Henry and Victoria from the home counties who've probably never had a drink before in their life getting mortalled and causing havoc and prompting a fight.

Probably the same thing mate

They would obviously rather have the students who spend very little money as they are already drunk on bottles of 20/20 then people who have the money to buy drink at town centre pubs overinflated prices. Their loss I suppose; plenty of other pubs to drink in.

harlzter;6450371

"management reserve the right to refuse admission" is a sign that most … "management reserve the right to refuse admission" is a sign that most pubs display.

+1

you dont have the RIGHT to enter, it's allowed or not allowed........ sorry x

whatsThePoint;6450404

Sign said students night, don't know your sex but if male would you try … Sign said students night, don't know your sex but if male would you try and enter on ladies only night?

I would as ladies night usually means free entry for ladies but blokes still allowed, meaning plenty of ladies to go round

Original Poster

harlzter;6450371

Yeah which I thought was for if you were too drunk / acting aggresively / underage / not correct dress code etc. but suppose not bein a student is a good reason lol

Bossworld;6450388

In Newcastle there's a bar called 'Basement', got talking to one of the … In Newcastle there's a bar called 'Basement', got talking to one of the bouncers one night cos we were on a society pub crawl and he said that during weekdays they've had to limit it to students only because they were getting trouble from locals coming down after a fight.You can imagine little Henry and Victoria from the home counties who've probably never had a drink before in their life getting mortalled and causing havoc and prompting a fight. Probably the same thing mate

lol yeah understandable, probably similar reason.

stewby;6450389

They would obviously rather have the students who spend very little money … They would obviously rather have the students who spend very little money as they are already drunk on bottles of 20/20 then people who have the money to buy drink at town centre pubs overinflated prices. Their loss I suppose; plenty of other pubs to drink in.

+1

stewby;6450389

They would obviously rather have the students who spend very little money … They would obviously rather have the students who spend very little money as they are already drunk on bottles of 20/20 then people who have the money to buy drink at town centre pubs overinflated prices. Their loss I suppose; plenty of other pubs to drink in.

Spent years as a student going to student nights. Never seen an empty bar yet.

Students = £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

sassie;6450375

lol at this

:giggle: me too !!

damnstudents;6450466

Spent years as a student going to student nights. Never seen an empty … Spent years as a student going to student nights. Never seen an empty bar yet.Students = £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

me too, but I know that me and my mates when we were at uni used to have quite a bit to drink before we went out and then just kept ourselves topped up; so although their bars are busy it doesn't always mean loads of money. But all the students will have just got their loans so this time of year they probably are splashing it about a bit.

I used to run a bar in Preston, with some locals and people that looked rough we used to just lie and come up with an excuse, "no shoes tonight" , "no breathing" but "no non students" was generally reserved to save the sanity of real people.... Students + Bars = £££££££££ + Morons!

don't go to pubs that have bouncers, rubbish IMO

If your names not down you're not coming in!

simples:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions