Groups

Reg Cure, anyone know of a good program

Dont need to know about CCleaner

I downloaded Regcure and it brought up 1214 items need to be sorted but i have to pay the $30 odd dollars lol

thanks anyone

12 Comments

Banned

I like Advanced System Care.
    Free but you can pay for the pro version.
    Basic is fine though.

Original Poster

i have tried loads now to sort this dam thing out,
    this stems from this thread
    ]http//ww…rep

tried CCleaner, AVG, Malware, Spybot search and destroy, advanced system optimizer, Avast....

just cant get this thing to work

I have to say that most registry cleaners are a waste of time.

Having extra or redundant statements in your registry is not going to cause you major problems.

>I downloaded Regcure and it brought up 1214 items need to be sorted but i have
    >to pay the $30 odd dollars lol

Dont believe these companies who tell you that they have found hundreds of errors and you need to pay them money.

Lets face it, they are hardly gong to say they have found no errors are they.

Most (if not all) registry cleaners are a scam.

Original Poster

hmmmm

ah ok thanks for that

I downloaded Regcure and it brought up 1214 items need to be sorted but i … I downloaded Regcure and it brought up 1214 items need to be sorted but i have to pay the $30 odd dollars lol

How odd, I did that the other day as I had a missing DLL file. Complete crock if you ask me.

Original Poster

Some things are free but the stuff i needed to clean was for a price

Banned

you really arent being very clear. In the other thread, you state you have a hard drive failure. So why are you trying to tidy up your registry? it wont help the HDD failure.

So I guess your laptop does boot up then?

ignore those 1214 errors. They all state you have tonnes of errors just so you buy the software.

Original Poster

What is the registry? what does it do?

yes it boots but as iv said when i press f10 and do the diag test, the long test has failed.....

yeh looks like it will be a new hdd

Banned

saxo_appeal;5434285

What is the registry? what does it do?yes it boots but as iv said when i … What is the registry? what does it do?yes it boots but as iv said when i press f10 and do the diag test, the long test has failed.....yeh looks like it will be a new hdd

but if it boots and works, then whats your problem?

bios hard drive tests arent always 100% reliable. I've had tests fail yet the HDD worked fine for 3-4 years after.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2031
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764284
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…55
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31148

See more discussions