Groups
    EXPIRED

regarding nvidia g-force 6-series graphics card

SuperEd
    right fan has stopped spinning totally and the metal casing of graphics card is hot to touch think its been like that for a while?

anyone think i need a new one or can it be fixed?

10 Comments

you can fit a new cooler on almost any GC but you will need to know the exact model,

and stop using it of course

Original Poster SuperEd

tonyg1962;4888907

you can fit a new cooler on almost any GC but you will need to know the … you can fit a new cooler on almost any GC but you will need to know the exact model,

256MB NVIDIA GE FORCE 6800

goonertillidie;4889098

256MB NVIDIA GE FORCE 6800

Ah, I've got one of them. I took the fan off myself, just because it was noisy and it annoyed me. I have a 80mm case fan secured to it with blue-tak and cotton thread now, and it does the trick perfectly. If you look at linuxhardware.org/ima…jpg , you can see how easy it is to take the fan and the plastic bit off. Just undo the screws, and get your Blue Peter skillz and gear out.

You could alternatively just buy a proper 6800-series cooler. You can probably still buy aftermarket coolers for them. But would you rather spend £20 doing something properly, or 30p and be all ghetto about it?

Original Poster SuperEd

ghetto! lol whats the best cooler? or a decent price for one?

Original Poster SuperEd

]This Gets good reviews. According to the page on scan it will fit a 6800.

im had one of these fitted and damn near silent and ran loads cooler,
    yoyotech.co.uk/arc…tml

tonyg1962;4890009

im had one of these fitted and damn near silent and ran loads … im had one of these fitted and damn near silent and ran loads cooler,http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/arctic-cooling-silencer-accelero-6800-7800-series-p-8927.html

You can save £1 if you can collect from Totenham court road too

the akasa vortex is in my local pcworld for 9.99
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet11
      2. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      3. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11
      4. Gear best shipping?44

See more discussions