EXPIRED

regarding sky + boxes

Just got a sky + box from someone on here and i have tried to record 1 channel and watch another channel but i got a warning sign saying no signal received

Called sky and they said because i only have one signal cable coming in i cant record and watch another

SOO my question is will this splitter suffice or will i need a new cable from the dish

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-W…4d2

14 Comments

You need a 2nd input from the dish, run a cable from the LNB to 2nd input on your sky+ box

No you need either 2 cables or a dual cable and also the dish needs to have a quad LNB to connect to,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;8432896

No you need either 2 cables or a dual cable and also the dish needs to … No you need either 2 cables or a dual cable and also the dish needs to have a quad LNB to connect to,

Got sky + hd box so the dish is new

How much will the cable set me back

dandoc2;8432907

Got sky + hd box so the dish is new How much will the cable set me back

Shouldn't be much, someone in the yellow pages shouldn't charge much. You got +hd downstairs or summit?

Check Ebay for "twin sky cable" ..

You may want to check this with someone who knows but i think you may have to pay more subscription to use a second sky+ box

tonyg1962;8432949

Check Ebay for "twin sky cable" ..

or sky shotgun cable

tonyg1962;8432970

You may want to check this with someone who knows but i think you may … You may want to check this with someone who knows but i think you may have to pay more subscription to use a second sky+ box

unless you already have multi room

probably the volcano ash on the dish

Original Poster

Have main sky + hd upstairs - had norm sky downstairs got sky + box for downstairs and thats only got 1 signal cable

DAMNOME;8433016

probably the volcano ash on the dish

+1 lol

my installer left his mobile number should i ever "want anything doing" he came back and charged me £20 for putting the red eye thing into my bedroom rather that than ring sky offiicially!!!

so i don't think it's cost you much to run a cable from dish to box...

tonyg1962;8432896

No you need either 2 cables or a dual cable and also the dish needs to … No you need either 2 cables or a dual cable and also the dish needs to have a quad LNB to connect to,

Surely a quad LNB would give 4 cables

tonyg1962;8432970

You may want to check this with someone who knows but i think you may … You may want to check this with someone who knows but i think you may have to pay more subscription to use a second sky+ box

thearbiter65;8432980

unless you already have multi room

yip its £10 per month per extra box

I've literally just got a quote from someone to fit a shotgun (twin) cable from the dish for me to the Bedroom...

£45
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214081
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523409
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17366130
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661374

See more discussions